It's a .....

I had my 32 weeks OB appointment yesterday and the baby and baby mam are doing just fine.

 At every appointment the ultrasound machine is in the room, but when I ask if they are going to look at the baby the Dr always says everything is fine so no need to look. The reason I always want them to look is that we had no idea what the sex of the baby was and we wanted to know. 

Here in Canada you generally only get 2 ultrasounds and they are free of course. The first is around week 13 to check for Downs and date the baby and the second is around week 20 for a full anatomy scan. After that you only get another ultrasound if the Dr requests it. So if you don't find out the sex at your 20week appointment then you generally don't find out till the big day. There is one private 3D u.s place in the city here where you can pay to look at the baby, but in my view it's way too pricey. For a 5min appointment to determine the sex with no guarantees the cost was 125....now that buys a lot of diapers so we decided not to waste our money.

 Yesterday the Dr. decided to use the ultrasound and take a look to see how the baby is sitting. Mr.P was unable to attend since he is out of town, but my mother had come with me since she had the day off. Mr.P was going to come to my Feb 3rd appointment and we were going to ask again then.......However, since this was the first time that the Dr was actually going to use the machine I had to ask....so can you see the sex of the baby?? I figured that there was a chance he might not check next time and I had to strike while the opportunity presented itself..lol 

The Doctor was quite surprised that we didn't already know and seem unaware that the baby didn't show us on our 20wk U.S. So he took and quick look and it was quite apparent what the baby was right away.......

IT'S A BOY!!!!!!

I knew from the moment we found out we were pregnant that it was going to be a boy, but it is nice to have the proof. 

Comments

  1. Congratulations! Boys are lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! That's wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! Just think, less than two months from now there will be a baby boy in your house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's weird but I thought you were having a boy too! I'm glad you found out for sure and I'm glad you mom was there with you to share the moment. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, congrats! Little boys are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Mrs. P!! Boys are great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. :) May he continue to grow strong and healthy! He is destined to be a mighty man of valor! Looking forward to meeting your handsome fellow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know you were so looking forward to finding out! Congrats! WOW only 8 weeks left! (Well 6 at the least! ) squeal!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on the boy!! Wow! You are getting close. Good luck with the delivery.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your boy. As the Mom of 4 girls I had to wait until there were grandkids for a grandson. They are all special.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Boys are so fun...congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations. Not long to go now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome! Congrats! :) Your future will not be dull by any means.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yippee for you! He will be just wonderful and I'm sure you can't wait to meet him.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading all of them and I try my best to respond back asap via e-mail or on here :)

Popular Posts