WIP report 22/11/16


This is my first WIP report in a very very long time!
I am kind of in a bad place of late and spending time creating in my sewing room is helping a bit and not helping a bit too if I'm being honest...lol but I am going to focus on the helping bit. I just started coming down here to do anything quite while the kids napped. I had been napping when they napped but I thought if I tried to stay up it might help my insomnia and being productive might help keep the blues away.

Okay enough of the over sharing...lol

I wanted to make lil pickle an apron to wear for when my mother and I do our Christmas Appies baking day. It turned out pretty good considering I had never done anything like that before. It took me a good hour to figure out how to use the button hole function on my machine but it ended up working out.
 

I also finally quilted the coffee machine mat that I cut out last year. Gesh that's depressing...lol but it is all quilted and now I just have to try and remember how to do binding. Hopefully I have a finished project to show for next week.

hmmm I could have sworn it was square, but it looks a little wonky in this picture..lol

As always my list of things to do follows..lol
***********************************************************************************
Current WIP

Coffee Machine Mat = Binding

***********************************************************************************
2016 Sewing Mission Statement
Every stitch counts. I would like to spend at least 15mins a day sewing or at the very 
Least 15 mins a day in my sewing room...lol
*********************************************************************************************
No Progress List

we bee learning july-dec 2013: Goal to get quilts top done
Countless orphan "hop blocks" 20+
We Bee Learning Greek Cross Block: Needs border
Classic Paint Box: Cut and sew together 52 more blocks
We bee learning jan to june 2013: Snails Trail quilt: Get backing done and start quilting
We bee learning 2012 group 2- I am still stuck on a second border for this one. I tried out a bunch of colours again and hate everything....Might just go with white
July 2011 BOM- I have made some progress, but forgot to take a pic!
Wonky Bee quilt: thinking
Bee Creative bee quilt: I only received blocks from 2 people so this quilt is on hold
International stashes: I need to sew blocks together and quilt.
Christmas qal quilt: sandwich and quilt
Fall Wall Hanging-I have started to do a bit of the embroidery
Sew Happy Geek QAL- Blocks  9,10,11 and 12 still need to be done
Table runner- I have pieced this sucker together. Now I just need to get the backing on and quilt it
We Bee Learning group one Quilt- The grey fabric for my sashing came in. Now I need to get to work
2011 BOM- Since it is 2013 you can see I am a bit behind on this one. July-dec still need to be done

***********************************************************************************



I am linking up with Linky Tuesday at Freemotion by the River, WIP Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced and The Needle and Thread Network. As well as at Let's Bee Social over at sew fresh quilts. Please check out these sites and see what everyone else is working on too!


WIP Wednesday at Freshly PiecedRight Click to Save Image

Sew Fresh Quilts

Thanks for stopping by





















Comments

  1. So happy to see a post from you! I was thinking about you not so long ago and had wondered how winter was going up there and how you were doing. Good job in proactively trying to refocus your efforts while the kids are sleeping to turn that time into a positive experience. You may not feel it right off but feeding your creative spirit will help! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't beat yourself up--everyone gets in a slump now and then. It will come back. Cute apron to start with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the little apron. Small projects are a great way to ease back into sewing again. Large projects can seem too daunting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! Found you on Let's Bee Social. I enjoyed reading your "to do" list as it made me feel better about all the unfinished projects that I have going on! :D Quilting is definitely good therapy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a pretty apron! Oh, life can be hard with two little ones and when you are not getting enough sleep even more so. Taking some "me-time" is super important. I really like your 2016 mission statement...maybe in 2017 you'll be able to extend that to 30 minutes :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute apron, perfect for the Christmas baking with Grandma. My kids still remember making apple pies with my mom.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading all of them and I try my best to respond back asap via e-mail or on here :)

Popular Posts