Harvest Monday 11/05/2012


Oh my, this month totally snuck up on me and here it is the 5th already!

Today I am sharing my last harvest Monday for 2012 and linking up over at Daphne’s Dandelions. I brought in the rest of the tomatoes that I had in the garage and after sorting though the ones that had gotten a bit squishy from frost damage I ended up with this. 15.875kg or 35lbs

That brings my grand total up to......drum roll please.......... 399.416kg or 880.5lbs

As you all know I had wanted to reach that 1000lb goal that I had set for myself back in the spring. However, with the few failures this year I am EXTREEMLY happy with what I did get. I have a cold room and freezer full of yummy garden treats...that I will be showing you all very soon.

Here is the final tally of how much of each veggie I grew came in at.
Basil 2g
Radish  2.537kg
Lettuce 4.4935kg
Spinach 2.172 kg
Early Girl TOMATO 629g
Chives 85g
Rhubarb 2.33kg
Cherries 4.5kg
Cabbage 18.07kg
Pak choi 155g
Zucchini 33.567kg
Cucumbers 26.536kg
Peas 1.740kg
Broccoli 5.996kg
Cauliflower 14.763kg
Broad Beans 8.57kg
Purple Kohlrabi 2.552kg
White kohlrabi 3.552kg
Green Bean 2.083kg
Golden beats 4kg
Chioggia beets  93g
Detroit Beets 1.217
Yukon gold Potato 47.993kg
Norland Potato 52.019kg
Hungarian Wax Peppers 514g
Leeks 103g
Roma Tomato 89.989kg
Tenderlong carrots 10.272kg
Spaghetti squash 25.7kg
Eggplant 116g

Thank you for following along with me as I showed off my harvests for 2012. And thank you to Daphne for hosting Harvest Monday's and giving me the chance to play along. I had fun taking part and recording my highs and lows in the garden. I shall have a few more gardening posts in the next few months and then seedling starting will be here before you know it!!

Comments

  1. I know it didn't quite make your goal, but WOW--you've had a very successful year. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm clearing up too at the allotment, but I still have potatoes to dig up when I'm ready, and leeks, calabrese and parsnips to take me through the winter. I'm jealous of your tomatoes - mine didn't ripen so I put them in a drawer with a banana, but they went rotten. Boo! Should have made that green tomato curry after all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got pretty close! I can see why you're happy - you have a lot of fresh yummy stuff put up for the winter. I'll be by at 6 for dinner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some lovely tomatoes. And there is always next year to break the 1000lb mark. But 880 lbs is just wonderful. I couldn't come close to eating that much. But you probably have more help from your hubby than I do with mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thank that is amazing! Great job! Surly this is enough to get you and Mr through the winter!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading all of them and I try my best to respond back asap via e-mail or on here :)

Popular Posts