WIP 28/01/15

Oh my its the last Work In Progress Report for January. I am both happy and sad to say I am still working on my baby quilt for Lil Pickle.  I know you must be thinking...gesh this quilt AGAIN....I'm slow but I am still working at it so YEA me :)

 I am officially all done the squares in the squares. It was a lot more work than I thought it would be, but I am happy with the look.

Part of the front (other half is still in the machine)

What the back looks like 


 I am now moving onto stitching in the ditch. So far I have gone in between the quilt and the border. 
You can almost make out the line below the boxes..lol


I was going to opt out of going around each square set, but it looks a little strange with just the 4 squares...see above

 I want to have this done for her birthday in the middle of March. I think I can do it, fingers crossed I can!
However, at this rate I am not sure what I should do with the border. Should I quilt it or just leave it....hmmmm


For those of you who read yesterday's post.....yes this quilt is also covered in unicorn fart dust....aka glitter from the tutu..lol

2015  Sewing Mission Statement
In order to try and get some UFO's done this year I am going to try and keep my current to do list small and just work on one thing at a time. I am going to try and not start anything "new" but instead take one thing off of my no progress list each month.




No progress Items to date (these are projects that have appeared on the to do list for 1 or more months with you guessed it.....no progress

Baby Quilt: current wip
We bee learning jan to june 2013
we bee learning july-dec 2013
Countless orphan "hop blocks" 20+
We bee learning 2012 group 2- I am still stuck on a second border for this one. I tried out a bunch of colours again and hate everything....Might just go with white
July 2011 BOM- I have made some progress, but forgot to take a pic!
Wonky Bee quilt: thinking
Bee Creative bee quilt: I only received blocks from 2 people so this quilt is on hold
International stashes: I need to sew blocks together and quilt.
Christmas qal quilt: sandwich and quilt
Fall Wall Hanging-I have started to do a bit of the embroidery
Sew Happy Geek QAL- Blocks  9,10,11 and 12 still need to be done
Table runner- I have pieced this sucker together. Now I just need to get the backing on and quilt it
We Bee Learning group one Quilt- The grey fabric for my sashing came in. Now I need to get to work
2011 BOM- Since it is 2013 you can see I am a bit behind on this one. July-dec still need to be done

I am linking up with WIP Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced and The Needle and Thread Network. Please check out both sites and see what everyone else is working on too!


WIP Wednesday at Freshly PiecedRight Click to Save Image


Thanks for stopping by























Comments

  1. It is coming - don't rush it. Keep it simple. I would personally keep the outer border plain - no quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is looking wonderful! Finish up the quilting and see how you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's going to be beautiful.

    Your "glitter woes" reminded me of a gal my son dated years and years ago---we always knew when she had been at the house because she left a trail of glitter behind. I guess girls in the 90's wore glitter in their hair? Anyway, it was a nice memory.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's coming along great, and of course it takes time and several blog posts....it's a handmade quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're making great progress. Just work at your own pace so you can enjoy it. If it's not finished till after her birthday I'm sure Miss Pickle won't mind.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading all of them and I try my best to respond back asap via e-mail or on here :)

Popular Posts