WIP 13/5/15

The past couple of weeks have been a blur, to be honest as I write this I cannot really remember the last week...lol
Anika has four molars coming in and she is fighting her naps so it has been a long week. I did get a bit of sewing done though.

I got the fabric blocks made. It took me awhile to understand what I was suppose to do. I sewed the four sides together and the it said sew on top and bottom and it was thinking wth how do I do that....I eventually figured it out though..lol
Does Anika like them...meh she doesn't really care that they are there. I am quite happy with how they turned out though


I also got the Greek cross blocks sewn together. As I posted on Thursday I wanted to leave it as it, but I'm still torn as to whether or not I now want to make it bigger or not. So right now I have it hanging on entertainment centre. I am siding with putting on a grey border and then quilting it up.

I also got the borders sewn onto my snails trail quilt. I think it turned out pretty good. Now I need to decide on how to quilt it.


***********************************************************************************
Current WIP
We bee learning jan to june 2013: Snails Trail quilt: Goal to get quilt top done 
We Bee Learning Greek Cross quilt: Thinking about borders

***********************************************************************************
2015  Sewing Mission Statement
In order to try and get some UFO's done this year I am going to try and keep my current to do list small and just work on one thing at a time. I am going to try and not start anything "new" but instead take one thing off of my no progress list each month.
*********************************************************************************************
No Progress List

we bee learning july-dec 2013: Goal to get quilts top done
Countless orphan "hop blocks" 20+
We bee learning 2012 group 2- I am still stuck on a second border for this one. I tried out a bunch of colours again and hate everything....Might just go with white
July 2011 BOM- I have made some progress, but forgot to take a pic!
Wonky Bee quilt: thinking
Bee Creative bee quilt: I only received blocks from 2 people so this quilt is on hold
International stashes: I need to sew blocks together and quilt.
Christmas qal quilt: sandwich and quilt
Fall Wall Hanging-I have started to do a bit of the embroidery
Sew Happy Geek QAL- Blocks  9,10,11 and 12 still need to be done
Table runner- I have pieced this sucker together. Now I just need to get the backing on and quilt it
We Bee Learning group one Quilt- The grey fabric for my sashing came in. Now I need to get to work
2011 BOM- Since it is 2013 you can see I am a bit behind on this one. July-dec still need to be done

**********************************************************************************
Completed Projects 2015
1. Baby Quilt: Finished Feb 4th 2015 Here
***********************************************************************************


I am linking up with WIP Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced and The Needle and Thread Network. As well as at Let's Bee Social over at sew fresh quilts. Please check out these sites and see what everyone else is working on too!


WIP Wednesday at Freshly PiecedRight Click to Save Image

Sew Fresh Quilts

Thanks for stopping by


















Comments

  1. Cute blocks - my daughter made some for her little one - she prefers to get to the remotes and electronic buttons. A grey border would look great and be a wonderful framing of that quilt. The snail trail came out wonderful with all your frets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt tops look great, I hope you are happy about them both now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilts and blocks look amazing! I recall those "I can't remember what I did last week" (or even yesterday!) moments when the kids were younger - they are 8 & 9 right now. Trust me, it does get better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am amazed at how much you're getting done with a little one around. Both quilts look wonderful!

    I remember those looong nights when my children were teething - followed by the fussy days. Thankfully, they do pass rather quickly. Though I never believed that when I was in the middle of it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading all of them and I try my best to respond back asap via e-mail or on here :)

Popular Posts