Baby love :)

As you may recall from my last post on February 3rd we had a bit of a scare and were told to expect the baby ( due march 17th) any day. Fast-forward to February 29th my dr still assured me everything was still a go for a VBAC and baby's head was down an ready to go. He wanted me to go for an ultrasound just to check the weight since if the baby was over 8lbs then we might  have to go for another c section. I was lucky enough to get in for an u/s the very next day. However the tech informed me at my appointment that the baby was transverse. Head under my left ribs and feet over at my right side. So the OB had no idea what he was talking about when he said the baby was head down. I called my dr's office right away and informed them of the u/s/ The next day i was back at my drs who double checked the techs results and yep the baby was transverse and I would have to have another c section. I was beyond crushed and terrified. The c section was booked for March 10th. by that day the baby was a double footling breech and I was rushed to the OR to get the little bugger out. We went in at 3:30pm 

and


 at 4:15pm this little boy was born

We are over the moon in love with him (even lil pickle loves him)

I ended up having a surprise 5.5cm hernia discovered during the c section that was repaired at the same time. in addition to recovering from two surgeries i also ended up getting an infection in my incision. So the road to recovery has been a little slow,but on a whole I think better than the first time around. Although I was crushed that I had to have another c section sometimes God does have a plan. 


Comments

  1. Congratulations to all. It sounds like that was a very active little guy inside. I hope he will be calmer for you on the outside. Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful - he is such a cutie - congratulations! You are so right - sometimes we wonder why things are working out in a not-so-good way and then it turns out to be a blessing in disguise. I hope that you are well on the road to recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been thinking of you since your last post. Happy to hear there was a blessed outcome to all. Congratulations to ALL of the pickles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haley....I'm just glad he is here and beautifully healthy. Glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations. All's well that ends well. Enjoy him, they grow too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! He's gorgeous! I hope you're recovering quite nicely. I'm sure things are hectic but thats to be expected. Sending you a hug!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So over the moon happy to see your perfect Dill Pickle (have you ever seen rugrats!!?? The baby boy Pickle was Dill -short for Dillan)!! He's perfect!!! I agree c sections suck but the end result is a blessing!!

      Delete
  8. Aww! Congratulations on your new baby! Sorry about the c-section but at least they found the hernia. (I've had three c-sections and then a hysterectomy on Mar. 3 so I can relate.) So happy for your family that you are all safe and well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How wonderful - he is such a cutie - congratulations! You are so right -
    ___________
    tattoo thoughts sometimes we wonder why things are working out in a not-so-good way and then it turns out to be a blessing in disguise. I hope that you are well on the road to recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! A beautiful baby!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading all of them and I try my best to respond back asap via e-mail or on here :)

Popular Posts