Thursday’s kitchen cupboard- June 23rd 2012


Last week I decided to make meals only using recipes from one cook book per week till I get though all my cook books. The book that I started with was Culina Mediterranea published by hf Ullman

There are a lot of shall we say interesting recipes in the book including too many rabbit, pigeon and lamb for my liking. I really should have flipped through the book a little slower before I bought it. However, I now own it and going to make the best of it. Last week this was the list that I was planning on cooking.

Thursday- in city
 Friday Chicken with Graviea p 579
Saturday Steak with pasta alla scarpara p 315
Sunday- Pork roast at my parents for Father’s day
Monday- Paella- Page 513
Tuesday Loin of Suckling pig with herbs p 541
Wednesday Rabbit Angelion p 553 (however I will be using Chicken

Well plans in this house never go well...as planned

Friday I did make the Chicken with Graviera substituting the Cretan Gruyere for Swiss gruyere. I also added onions and mushrooms since I thought it needed some veg in there. It smelled pretty funky, but didn`t taste too bad.
Saturday- we had to go to the city
Sunday in the city for father’s day
Monday I ended up making pork chops instead of the suckling pig chops. I used the same spices as in the recipe, but didn`t have the energy to make a cream sauce to stuff the chops with.




Tuesday I made Paella and it was pretty yummy as always. I of course couldn`t stick to the recipe and added and omitted a few things. Not a pretty picture but still yummy
Wednesday- dr appointment in the city.

So all in all it was a good week. We didn`t eat at home that much though.

Okay for this next week I am going to be cooking from Anyone Can Cook by Better Homes and gardens.
Thursday Cheese topped Steaks p199
Friday- Blackberry glazed pork ribs-p214
Saturday- in the city
Sunday- Rosemary chicken with vegetable p264
Monday Oriental Pork and Vegetables p255
Tuesday Burgers p426
Wednesday Pizza on the grill p438

So lets see if I can try to stick to that list this week.

I am linking up to Thursdays Kitchen Cupboards which is hosted by Robin from The Gardener Of Eden. Make sure you stop by to see what is going on in kitchens around the world

Chicken with Graviera Adapted from Culina Mediterranea published by hf Ullman
2 chicken breasts
1tbsp olive oil, salt, pepper
1tbsp sweet mustard
1/2c white wine
1tsp dried oregano
Juice of one lemon
5oz of Gruyere cheese
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 small onion chopped
Cut chicken into bite size pieces and season with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in a pan and brown the chicken. Add mustard, wine, onions, mushrooms and oregano to chicken and cook over low heat until wine has evaporated. Add in lemon juice and cheese. Continue to cook on low heat until the cheese has melted. Serve over pasta 

Comments

  1. You have more discipline than I have, I could never stick to one cookbook. Oh, maybe if it was an old one from the 70s or 80s ;-) I have been planning my meals on what needs to be used up from the freezer, and what is coming in fresh from the garden. So far I've stuck to two weeks of menus, so I'm doing OK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your idea of using one cookbook a week until you get through all of them. "The Italian" has a cookbook addiction. It would take us years to do that. I think we would have to use a different cookbook everyday!

    The chicken recipes sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea, cooking from one book for a week! Most of our recipes come from online or cooking magazines. I guess will have to go grab a book and give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stoney Acres: So far it has been fun. If it turns out I make a note of it so I remember to try it again. I have a lot of online recipes saved too So after all the books i will have to turn to my saved favs online

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading all of them and I try my best to respond back asap via e-mail or on here :)

Popular Posts