Growing


I decided that I would start a few seeds indoors after all. I was going to be a little lazy this year and skip doing it again, however last year the tomatoes were hit with blight, yet again. This seems to happen when I use store bought plants vs my own. So I am growing my own. 

I am cutting down on the number of plants I am growing this year to just 6 of each. I think it will give me enough for a couple batches of salsa and a few batches of sauce.

I will be seeding 6 roma, 6 early girl and 6 cherry tomato. I planted 2 seeds each so we'll see how well they do and if 6 of each becomes 12..lol

I also planted 3 types of cabbage, basil, melon, watermelon, pumpkin, butter nut squash, spaghetti squash and I think that its.


First bunch all planted


Lil pickles watching me..well eating while i work..lol


a few days later....we have signs of life!!



So far just about everything is up now. I forgot how exciting this all is..lol

have a great day!






Comments

  1. I always find that my homegrown plants do better than the store bought ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Planted my tomato seeds in February, and the plants are a foot tall now. Just started the lettuce a few days ago, and it's all up now. Also started a bunch of sunflowers, and they too have germinated. You're right...it is exciting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading all of them and I try my best to respond back asap via e-mail or on here :)

Popular Posts