Moving on

Sorry for the lack of posts I hit a rough patch in my life that threw me for a loop more than I care to admit. However, I think I am better now and finally trying to move on.

The rental owner of the condo we stayed at in Palm Springs is scamming us out of money. Although we have proof that we didn’t cause the damage to her garage door she is keeping our damage deposit and trying to get even more money out of us to replace the whole door. VRBO the rental site I used isn’t being much help. I did buy the extra insurance, but it seems that all they do it take the complaint forward it onto the rental owner and that’s it. The damage was there a whole day before we even rented the place and have witnesses so this whole situation shouldn’t even be happening, but it is and it sucks. I have spent a good part of the past few weeks e-mailing the rental owner, but she just spins things and piles lies on top of lies. At this point I am resigned to the fact we are losing our 500 deposit and praying every night that we don’t get sued. On a whole the situation has made me physically sick and taken over my life.

I haven’t heard from her in a week and right now I am just waiting on VRBO to do something if anything so it’s just a waiting game. I am trying to get on with my life, but to be honest I still am afraid every time my phone pings telling me I have an e-mail.


So needless to say I haven’t been up to much at all. No sewing, seeding, reading blogs and so on. But I am going to start moving on now and just put that awful lady and what she is doing to us behind me and hope that she leaves us alone.

Comments

  1. I'm so sorry you are having to deal with this--it sounds AWFUL. And it's quite timely for me as hubby and I have been thinking of doing some vacation rentals. This is an aspect of it I had never considered. What a shame there are such dishonest people out in the world. I wish you the best of luck with this. If you do have proof of this, it might just be in your best interest to hire an attorney. You could recoup his fees if it is proven she lied. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just awful. If I were you, I'd go see a solicitor (lawyer to you, I think) and see if you can issue a writ against her for harassment or fraud or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope this ends soon and in your favor. Nothing drives you crazy like anticipation of bad news.

    ReplyDelete
  4. florida garage doors are extra expensive because of the hurricane standards required. Hope theis gets resolved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's good! post about it so someone else want get ripped off, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hugs. I hope it gets sorted out. Given she knows she's lying and you can prove it, I think chances of her sueing are nil. Maybe you should sue her. For your money and for the stress she has caused

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading all of them and I try my best to respond back asap via e-mail or on here :)

Popular Posts