WIP 15/04/15

Well the last month was a bust for sewing. I only entered my sewing room once to make this and that was it.
Everything was just iron on appliqué, which the little bugger destroyed with in a few hours of wearing it....but it was cute while it lasted...LOL

As I mentioned in my previous post I stressed myself out over being scammed and it really made me lose a whole month.

However, I am ready to get back on the fast track and pick up a snails trail...lol As you may recall I am at this point.

While in Palm Springs I picked up a few FQ's to make the final square for this quilt. I thought I would be a nice way to remember the trip.

This the square all done


All my squares done and i'm ready to start sewing the top together!! I am a little worried about how everything will go together since a few of the blocks are quite a bit smaller than the rest. So wish me luck with that!!


My Goal for next week is to have everything sewn together. What do you think I should use for borders..red..blue..grey or something else?

***********************************************************************************
Current WIP
We bee learning jan to june 2013: Snails Trail quilt: Goal to get quilt top done

***********************************************************************************
2015  Sewing Mission Statement
In order to try and get some UFO's done this year I am going to try and keep my current to do list small and just work on one thing at a time. I am going to try and not start anything "new" but instead take one thing off of my no progress list each month.
*********************************************************************************************
No Progress List

we bee learning july-dec 2013: Goal to get quilts top done
Countless orphan "hop blocks" 20+
We bee learning 2012 group 2- I am still stuck on a second border for this one. I tried out a bunch of colours again and hate everything....Might just go with white
July 2011 BOM- I have made some progress, but forgot to take a pic!
Wonky Bee quilt: thinking
Bee Creative bee quilt: I only received blocks from 2 people so this quilt is on hold
International stashes: I need to sew blocks together and quilt.
Christmas qal quilt: sandwich and quilt
Fall Wall Hanging-I have started to do a bit of the embroidery
Sew Happy Geek QAL- Blocks  9,10,11 and 12 still need to be done
Table runner- I have pieced this sucker together. Now I just need to get the backing on and quilt it
We Bee Learning group one Quilt- The grey fabric for my sashing came in. Now I need to get to work
2011 BOM- Since it is 2013 you can see I am a bit behind on this one. July-dec still need to be done

**********************************************************************************
Completed Projects 2015
1. Baby Quilt: Finished Feb 4th 2015 Here
***********************************************************************************


I am linking up with WIP Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced and The Needle and Thread Network. As well as at Let's Bee Social over at sew fresh quilts. Please check out these sites and see what everyone else is working on too!


WIP Wednesday at Freshly PiecedRight Click to Save ImageSew Fresh Quilts


Thanks for stopping by



















Comments

  1. Could you trim the larger blocks? Good luck with sewing them together. I understand the frustration of the seams not matching up! Found you via Freshly Pieced. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever colour you choose for the border will be the one that dominates the whole quilt, if you want to lighten it up I'd go for the light grey, if you want to go rich I'd go with the red! Beautiful quilt by the way, I do love that block! Good luck 😄

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you are feeling down and having a hard time getting any sewing done. Hope you can get to work on some of your projects listed as in progress and that it will help you to feel better. Your snail's trail blocks are looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors in your snail's trail. I think it's so fun that you added a few FQs from your trip, too! What a great way to remember. I saw that you participate in a few link-ups regularly, I have on on my blog that we're trying to get some traction on if you're interested: http://www.prairiesewnstudios.com/search/label/Crafty%20Comment%20Karma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt is really lively, I love blocks like this which give the effect of curves without actually being curved.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you're getting back on track.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute little outfit. Even if it didn't last long. And this is why the little sprogs are so cute. So we don't give them away when they turn into little buggers :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading all of them and I try my best to respond back asap via e-mail or on here :)

Popular Posts