Great customer service



On a whole the customer service industry isn’t quite what it used to be, especially when it comes to online shopping. In the past 5 years I personally have really found it to have gone downhill.  I am in the customer service industry I know what kind of service companies should be giving their customers and 9.5 times out of 10 that just isn’t happening. So when you received GREAT customer service and you have a blog you must blog about it!

A couple of months ago the new Connecting Threads catalogue came out and my parents both fell in love with the arbor window kit using the new Neutral Love line. My mom said I just had to order it for her so she could make it. So I went online to their site and couldn’t find it. I thought I was doing something wrong and sent off an email only to find out that the kit was sold out and that they were not going to be offering a downloadable pattern. So insert pouty faces here for the whole family here until a few weeks later when the pattern came out in a digital download!! We were all happy and I ordered the pattern and then bought the fabric separately to make our own kit.

A few weeks passed and the fabric arrived, however there ended up being one mislabeled fabric. It was suppose to be a cream and a green and blue came instead. So there was no way we could use it in the quilt and were out one colour. I debated phoning in to say what happened since I assumed it would be quite the ordeal and I let another week pass. 

Finally I called all ready for a fight. The first thing that surprised me was that a real person answered on the 2nd ring. I was so taken back that my guard went down already. I explained what happened and the service rep apologized and said she would be more than happy to send out the fabric that we originally ordered. However, it ended up being sold out!! I thought she was going to say oh well too bad, but that didn’t happen. She asked what I was making and I told her. She brought up the pattern right away and helped to find a fabric that was close enough to what we needed. She even gave me the fabric numbers so I could look them up and see if it worked too. Once we found the next best thing I thought..Okay here is where they ask for my credit card info and then end up having me buy more stuff to get the cheaper shipping. But guess what that didn’t happen she just confirmed my address said it would be out in 10-14 days and wished me a great day. I was so amazed that I think I said something crazy and then let her go.

I couldn’t remember her name so I waited until the fabric came to see if it was on there. It wasn’t but the initials JP were so JP THANK YOU FOR YOU GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!! 

Have a great day.....Last night it snowed again here....YUCK

Comments

  1. i love their clearance section, they have some great fabric and you can get enough for backing at less then what you have to give for regular backing fabric

    ReplyDelete
  2. Customer service is a huge deal to me and there are certain places I don't shop anymore because of poor service. I recently discovered another small quilt shop but haven't posted about it yet because they aren't very friendly either of the times I have been in there and it's a shame because they are less than a mile from one of my work sites. Cute shop, nice selection, fabric stash bin but poor customer service an I was one of 2 the first time going in (but 2 people working) and the only person the 2nd time -- I'm undecided on if I will be frequenting that shop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so love places that humans answer the phone. I'm so relieved not to have to go through the computer choices that sometimes I dont even care if they are rude! Glad it went well for you. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it amazing that truly wonderful customer service is rare enough to be surprising to us all. Thanks for sharing such a positive story and for spreading the word about a company that DOES good customer service!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely agree with you about customer service, it makes all the difference to me as to whether or not I'll return to their website. So glad to hear there's still excellent service to be found!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you had a good turn out to your problem. You're so correct that good customer service is hard to come by. Such a shame it's come to that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Connecting Threads. Have never had anything but good experiences with them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's always good to hear about good customer service. I have shops that I won't shop at because of their service.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used to work in a very large call center. You should send an email back with your praise if you can. You have no idea how much abuse some of the call center people take so positive feedback really makes their day:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've sold me...I will order from them! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading all of them and I try my best to respond back asap via e-mail or on here :)

Popular Posts