Around the world Blog hop- my turn


Welcome to my stop on the around the world blog hop. I am sure at least a few of my readers have seen this blog hop circulating around the quilting blogworld and today is my day to take part. I was invited by the lovely Jen from Quilter in the Closet. Please click HERE to read her post from last week. Her work is amazing so I am sure you will love her blog :)

So what is the hop all about you ask? Well it’s really a way for quilters around the world to get to know each other a little better without the pressures of actually having to make something to show off and with out their being a host who has to organize anything…. So basically my kind of blog hop…lol It's kind of a bloggy chain letter where you can keep linking back and learning about lot of different quilters

We are given 4 simple (maybe) questions we can intrepid and answer however we like. Since we’ve have a rough time in our house the past couple of weeks I am going to follow the questions as is.

What are you working on?
Right now I will be honest I am both working on nothing and lots at the same time. I had the mission to clean my craft room before the end of 2014 to start sewing again, but life got in the way.. That’s as good an excuse as any, right? But these are the 4 quilt tops I have ready to go. My goal is to work on one a month.






How does your work differ from other of its genre?

I would say it likely has more mistake than the average quilter out in the blogging world. I’m okay with that though. My sewing motto is imperfectly perfect. Last year at a quilt show I saw a few quilts that had won awards and they weren’t perfect…So I figure the quilts I make are all winners in my eyes and that’s good enough for me.

Why do you write/create what you do?
Honestly I write to get the voices out of my head. Okay the only voice in there is my own, but sometimes it’s rather nasty and likes to fester on things it doesn’t need to. So writing allows me to get it out and move on. I started my blog in 2011 to do just that and it has helped more than anyone will ever know. In the anonymity of the online world that has led to a lot of hate and cruelty it has allowed me peace, love and freedom to be me that I can’t get in the real world.


How does your writing/creating process work?

My writing process is easy and complicated. I just open up a word document and let my fingers do the typing. I love to write I always have and always will. I think that is in part due to me being an only child. I have a great imagination and can get lost in my own thoughts a lot. A lot of what comes to me comes in my dreams. I am plagued by constant nightmares, but amidst them I do have some great page turners. I have 3 books on the go and my goal is to finish at least one in my lifetime. My creating process for quilts is much the same I can close my eye and see what I want to create. I don’t usually have the talent to transform my dreams from my mind onto fabric, but I do enjoy trying.
Here are a few of my creations that I tried to get from my head onto fabric








Okay so that end’s my part of the around the world blog hop! I hope you had fun stopping by and learning a little bit more about me and my process or lack thereof. If anything I hope you can adopted my motto of perfectly imperfect for just a day and revile in the fact that perfection isn’t perfection 


The 2nd requirement for this hop is to round up 3 more bloggers to tell us a little more about themselves. However, since our world got turned upside down after I agreed to be part of the hop I was unable to find anyone to take part for next week and carry on the hop. If you would like to please let me know in the comments section or e-mail me and I will send you the info!

Take care
Mrs.Pickles

Comments

  1. Hayley, I love your "perfectly imperfect" style. I think we should all adopt that motto! Thanks again for participating, and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading all of them and I try my best to respond back asap via e-mail or on here :)

Popular Posts