First WIP of 2015

Here is it my first WIP report of 2015. My big goal this year is to try and get some quilts from the closet to the bed. My mission statement is going to be the same this year as it was last year. It seemed to work until the baby showed up so hopefully I can stay on track now.

2015  Sewing Mission Statement
In order to try and get some UFO's done this year I am going to try and keep my current to do list small and just work on one thing at a time. I am going to try and not start anything "new" but instead take one thing off of my no progress list each month.

Current WIP

Baby quilt. 

As you may recall this started off as a gift for my cousin, who i thought might not appreciate it as much as I would have hope so I kept it for a rainy day. Low and behold that rainy day turned into a baby of my own. Before my daughter was born I had completed the flimsy and stopped.
This picture is from January 2014

Here is lil pickle playing with it

I have bought this lovely "girly" monkey fabric to replace the "boy themed" bear fabric I had originally bought.

It wasn't quite long enough so I added a aqua stip. 


Here it is all sandwhiched and ready to quilt


and here is my start on quilting.

 I decided to do squares in the squares and do as little as possible to the minky since i HATE working with it! I think I will just end up doing an X through the minky or more than likely just another square to keep things the same.
I haven't done any quilting like this before. I have only done stitch in the ditch and free-motion. I must say its harder than I thought so my first couple of blocks are wonky as I am learning. My needle keep moving when I move the quilt to do the next side of the square. I leave the needle down but when i start again it jumps. Not sure what I am doing wrong, but practice makes perfect...lol

Hopefully I will have a little more progress next week.

No progress Items to date (these are projects that have appeared on the to do list for 1 or more months with you guessed it.....no progress

Baby Quilt: current wip
We bee learning jan to june 2013
we bee learning july-dec 2013
Countless orphan "hop blocks" 20+
We bee learning 2012 group 2- I am still stuck on a second border for this one. I tried out a bunch of colours again and hate everything....Might just go with white
July 2011 BOM- I have made some progress, but forgot to take a pic!
Wonky Bee quilt: thinking
Bee Creative bee quilt: I only received blocks from 2 people so this quilt is on hold
International stashes: I need to sew blocks together and quilt.
Christmas qal quilt: sandwich and quilt
Fall Wall Hanging-I have started to do a bit of the embroidery
Sew Happy Geek QAL- Blocks  9,10,11 and 12 still need to be done
Table runner- I have pieced this sucker together. Now I just need to get the backing on and quilt it
We Bee Learning group one Quilt- The grey fabric for my sashing came in. Now I need to get to work
2011 BOM- Since it is 2013 you can see I am a bit behind on this one. July-dec still need to be done

I am linking up with WIP Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced and The Needle and Thread Network. Please check out both sites and see what everyone else is working on too!


WIP Wednesday at Freshly PiecedRight Click to Save Image


Thanks for stopping by























Comments

  1. How fun! I love the colors and fabrics you selected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute quilt top! And she looks like she already loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yesterday at my quilt guild meeting, the ladies were talking about sewing with minky. One said that she has good success by spray basting. It doesn't slip around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never say the fabric on the back was too short. Always claim it was part of the design and you planned it that way.
    I love the monkey fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that monkey fabric. And looks like it will suit your little one perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have worked with Minkee too, and I found out that spray basting helped a lot, but I guess it's a bit late to be telling you that!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading all of them and I try my best to respond back asap via e-mail or on here :)

Popular Posts