Craft room change up


As you may recall I have been battling the mess demons in my craft room. I just started to get things organized and began thinking how else I could trick out my craft room when the thought hit me. 

We plan on having another baby + that future baby will have to have a room = craft room will have to become babies room. 

Therefore there wasn’t much sense in adding do dads and what have yas all over the room just to take them all down in say a year.

So what was a gal to do? Well I decided to sell our old living room furniture downstairs and turn the basement living room into my craft room…lol. Our basement is finished, but not really our main living room area as the previous owners turned one large room into 2 bedrooms. 
The furniture was stolen from my parents when they reno’d their previous house and I moved out in 2003. The furniture is about as old as me so over 30 years old and other than being an extra living room in the 6 years we lived here it was only used when my parents were staying with us back in 2012. So basically it was just taking up space. I put it on our local buy/sell website for free and within 24hours couch, chair, lamps, coffee and end tables were gone and I was left with this area…..eeeeek.


Now we do plan on renovating the basement in the next 5 years so it will be usable once the kid(s) is older, but for now this room is all mine.

My mom has all of February off so she is going to come out and help me move everything from upstairs to downstairs. I am looking forward to the change up! I have been saving Christmas/birthday money from the in-laws in my drawer for the past couple of years. I didn't really need anything so I figured why spend it. Now I am going to take that money and buy a crafting desk. Nothing fancy since I'm still cheap and only have a couple hundred to play around with. But anything is better than my 1990's desk that fell part about 10 years ago and I am still using it...LOL

Have a great day
Mrs.Pickles

Comments

  1. What a lovely space for you to play in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see it done. Have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting to have a whole new space to set up and work in! Can't wait to see what you make of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that space is great and I can't wait to see it all decked out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay fir a new space (side note I LOVE the clock on the wall!!) Cant wait to see what you do!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to seeing what you do in your new space!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great space and thinking ahead for multi-purposing. You will love having a dedicated place to be creative.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading all of them and I try my best to respond back asap via e-mail or on here :)

Popular Posts