Monday, 19 December 2011

Mondays Musings

Well I will start off with a little bit of disappointing news. The Happyquilting Bee was full and I didn’t make the cut. I guess I should have just joined instead of thinking about it for a couple of days first...lol Oh well it guess it just wasn’t meant to beeeee J I haven’t heard anything back about the other swap yet....but I hope I am in it!

On to the good news I got my palmiers and sugar cookies done last night. Once I get into the finally week before Christmas I get this sudden urge to start baking my butt off. I don’t need to since I already have everything I need for the holidays, but I find myself looking through cookbooks (one of my addictions) and looking online to find that one perfect appetizer of cookie that I need to make. This is usually followed by the stress of trying to make all of these extra things. Please tell me I am not alone in my crazy thoughts! LOL  I would still like to make brie bites, chocolate shortbread, cheddar crackers, cheddar and red pepper jelly tartlets and these mushroom and sundried tomato pockets I am looking at right now look pretty good too....okay no I must stop......LOL

The prosciutto, gruyere and honey mustard Palmiers

The naked sugar cookies, I ran out of time to decorate them last night. So decorating will be tonight’s task.

It’s hard to believe that Christmas is THIS week-end..That is so TINSEL...lol Tomorrows post is going to be about my Christmas plans so I won’t bore you with that two days in a row.
I hope everyone is having a great day

6 comments:

  1. Coulfd yoiu possibly post the recipe for the palmiers? They sound devine!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow my fingers are rather stiff (RA) I didn't realize I should have checked my comment!!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I didn't even stop to read your post yet. I just had to come say Congratulations!!! for winning the Accuquilt over at Lily Pad Quilting! I saw your name and thought, "Hey, one of my bloggy buddies won! Yea!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cookies sure look deliious! Wish I were your neighbor I'd ring the bell on some pretense :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cookies look yummy! Sorry you didn't get in the swap but you'll get in others!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmm, those mushroom and sundried tomato pockets sound divine. I think you should def make them... And share the recipe so I can too :)

    Sorry you didn't make it into the bee. But more will come up through the year, so I'm sure you'll find more.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading all of them and I try my best to respond back asap via e-mail or on here :)