A little work in progress 18/02/15

Here we are again at work in progress time. Are you at the edge of your seat wondering what kind of progress I made this week?

 WHAT you aren’t!! Gesh, well then…LOL

On Thursday I sat down all ready to start sewing my blocks together. When I turned to look at the layout I thought….hmmm I think it need another row. Something just felt off. I am lazy so I didn’t want to make another row, but something told me I would not be happy with the look once the top was sewn together. And who am I to not listen to myself..HAHA

So I started in on the task of cutting out fabric for 4 more blocks. That’s always the hard part, picking and cutting fabric. I always feel so accomplished when I have everything cut out and then disappointed that I still have to put everything together. The sewing usually goes pretty quick for these blocks and it did. However, with it being the long week-end I spent all my extra time with Mr.P and lil pickle and relaxing vs sewing. Damn them…lol 

I was going to finish up the last two blocks yesterday, but lil P had an awful day so I was exhausted so the evening was spent getting the invitations for her birthday party ready to mail and watching t.v. 


None the less I think it looks much better with the extra row. Changes the whole look completely. Well to me at least

Before 4x4

With the extra row 4 x 5


I thought I should include a picture of the trouble maker herself. When she isn't crawling around getting into EVERYTHING. She is pulling herself up on everything she can. I actually caught her playing the piano today. I was surprised her little fingers could reach the keys!
Here she is helping wash dishes. Her new favourite passtime is trying to see what here little fingers can touch on the counter. bad little girl..lol

Next weeks goal: same as last get the blocks sown together!!!

***********************************************************************************
Current WIP
We bee learning jan to june 2013: Snails Trail quilt: Goal to get quilts top done

***********************************************************************************
2015  Sewing Mission Statement
In order to try and get some UFO's done this year I am going to try and keep my current to do list small and just work on one thing at a time. I am going to try and not start anything "new" but instead take one thing off of my no progress list each month.
*********************************************************************************************
No Progress List

we bee learning july-dec 2013: Goal to get quilts top done
Countless orphan "hop blocks" 20+
We bee learning 2012 group 2- I am still stuck on a second border for this one. I tried out a bunch of colours again and hate everything....Might just go with white
July 2011 BOM- I have made some progress, but forgot to take a pic!
Wonky Bee quilt: thinking
Bee Creative bee quilt: I only received blocks from 2 people so this quilt is on hold
International stashes: I need to sew blocks together and quilt.
Christmas qal quilt: sandwich and quilt
Fall Wall Hanging-I have started to do a bit of the embroidery
Sew Happy Geek QAL- Blocks  9,10,11 and 12 still need to be done
Table runner- I have pieced this sucker together. Now I just need to get the backing on and quilt it
We Bee Learning group one Quilt- The grey fabric for my sashing came in. Now I need to get to work
2011 BOM- Since it is 2013 you can see I am a bit behind on this one. July-dec still need to be done

**********************************************************************************
Completed Projects 2015
1. Baby Quilt: Finished Feb 4th 2015 Here
***********************************************************************************


I am linking up with WIP Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced and The Needle and Thread Network. Also linking With let's be social over at sew fresh quilts  Please check out these sites and see what everyone else is working on too!


WIP Wednesday at Freshly PiecedRight Click to Save Image

Sew Fresh Quilts

Thanks for stopping by
















Comments

  1. The extra row looks lovely. I just love watching the little ones stand on their toes and pat the counter. My sewing machine is the perfect height, with bars to hold onto on the way up. Happy Birthday to Little P. Boy the year went fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, it'll look heaps better! I love your colour combo too, very effective! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Snails Trail pattern so for me, the more the merrier! BTW I love your new header!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Snails Trail blocks are coming along nicely. That's a block I haven't tried before. Yours are beautiful! And so is your little troublemaker. Such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a darling block and your colors really make it pop. Look forward to the finished quilt. You can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always loved the snails trail block and you are doing a great job with yours.....even with all the help from that little one!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading all of them and I try my best to respond back asap via e-mail or on here :)

Popular Posts