My first Work In Progress report of 2013!


2012 was a busy year for me taking part in 5 bees, 2 qal’s, 7 blog hops and life of course got in the way most the time. I really felt like a learnt A LOT and tried things that I would have NEVER tried on my own. However, I didn’t really get a lot done for me. 

My goal this year is to finish one of the projects on
my no progress list every month!

So for 2013 I cut back on the bees and although I am hosting 4 I am only taking part in one. I am not going to actively take part in any quilt-a-longs unless Sue over at QuiltTimes runs another one this year. I am going to pick and choose which blog hops I take part in over at sewwequilt.com instead of taking part in all of them even though I really want to take part in all of them..lol I think that this will give me time to actually make some projects for myself this year. 

As Always I am linking up with WIP Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced and @The Needle and Thread Network.  Make sure you hop on over there and see what everyone else is working on too.
WIP Wednesday at Freshly PiecedRight Click to Save Image



My January to do list 

We Bee Learning: Depression blocks for Dee in pinks, purples, blues and white. I have the fabric picked out and cut.

Complete Christmas table runner: I started this back in June and restarted it in November. However, life got in the way and it never got done. I want the trees to be the middle and the qst to be the ends...I want to add blocks in between, but not sure what yet

From the no progress list
Log cabin quilt- put on binding



Completed projects for January

Wonky Bee December block: I will admit I fell behind on this. I have completed 2 wonky squares and they are in the mail


No progress Items to date (these are projects that have appeared on the to do list for 1 or more months with you guessed it.....no progress

Wonky Bee quilt: I am still missing one block so I will wait for that before I work on it
Bee Creative bee quilt: I only received blocks from 2 people so this quilt is on hold
International stashes: I need to sew blocks together and quilt.
Christmas qal quilt: sandwich and quilt
We bee Learning 2012 group 2 quilt- I went and bought some orange fabric to use for the borders. Should look great!
Fall Wall Hanging-I have started to do a bit of the embroidery
Baby quilt-cut out, assemble, and quilt
Sew Happy Geek QAL- Blocks  9,10,11 and 12 still need to be done
Table runner- I have pieced this sucker together. Now I just need to get the backing on and quilt it
We Bee Learning group one Quilt- The grey fabric for my sashing came in. Now I need to get to work
2011 BOM- Since it is 2013 you can see I am a bit behind on this one. July-dec still need to be done
****************************************
Today is the last day on the In your words blog hop!!!! Please check out today's hosts below

Quiltin' Jenny  (Jenny)
Dachsies With Moxie  (Agnes B.)
Sew Many Yarns (Lyndsey M.)


Have a great day

Comments

  1. I love your table runner - that tree is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the runner is going to be lovely...great projects

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so know what you mean and I too am limiting the other events that I join in on so that I can get some of my "To Make" list items actually done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so know what you mean about getting things done. I did not finish a single UFO last year and cannot tell you how many new things I started! Good luck on your goal for finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of projects on the go! Thanks for telling me about the "words" blog hop. I have been checking them out! I started a journal quilt full of words! So timely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is the problem: the internet gives us so much inspiration that we have no time to finish something. Good luck with your own projects this year.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading all of them and I try my best to respond back asap via e-mail or on here :)

Popular Posts