Still here


I received a few e-mails asking if I was still around blogland and the answer is yes I am!! I have just been in a bit of a rut lately. I just seem to be losing track of time. I get up and then before I know it it's time to go to bed and I have done absolutely nothing. However, I know I must be doing something I rarely watch TV during the day or nap but alas the day gets away from me. It’s very frustrating, but perhaps today will be the day it gets better.

I thought I would give you all a little seedling update as it has been a good week. I am still very happy with most of the seedlings. The tomatoes are still a lot smaller than I was hoping they would be, however this is my first year growing them so I am still quite happy.

I don’t think I showed you the new light we set up. Well here it is. I needed the extra room once I started potting up so Mr.P fabbed up a new spot in the basement TV room. I bought daylight instead of the normal cool white bulb I normal buy. I do that it is a much brighter light, but I don’t know if anything is growing better. The cabbages LOVE it and every day they seem to get bigger!


Here are some of the cabbage and peppers


And here are the roma tomatoes and a few squash and melons.(3 pots on the right) They are not doing as well under these lights. Keep scrolling down and take a look at the others in the squash family


In the main area I still have the majority of the seedlings. They are all doing quite well. The tomatoes are double the size here.



In the furnace room the cabbages are not quite as big...but look at the squash and melons(on the left)....HUGE! As I write this I am noting that I may have to change a few things around downstairs..lol

The other peppers, eggplants, dahlia, busslesprouts and onions are doing well. Not great, but well. They all use to be in the main area but I put them in here a few days ago. I hope it helps

Right now the only seedlings outside are the onions. I have them in my mini greenhouse. The days are still pretty cool and windy so I have been afraid to bring out the rest. However I think the cabbage will start making it outside today or tomorrow. I haven't transplanted them or thinned them since last year when I did that they all went down hill...so far so good with these though!

So there you go a little long winded update
Have a great day 


Comments

  1. It looks like your seedlings are doing well. I hope you get some better weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often wondered if there was any difference between the different
    lights. Mine are now 3 years old, and I swear that things aren't doing as well under them.
    Your stuff all looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good! You have quite a lot of seedlings there, and I think your cabbages are bigger than the ones I have out in my garden! Don't be in any hurry for those tomatoes, they'll catch up soon enough. Mine really got too tall by the time I could set them out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a nice start to the summer garden.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We all have days like that.
    Great seedling update. You are going to have another fantastic garden this year

    ReplyDelete
  6. Planting all of those out is going to keep you busy, but you're going to have loads of lovely fresh vegetables in a few months.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading all of them and I try my best to respond back asap via e-mail or on here :)

Popular Posts