NewFO August


OHHHHHH NOOOOOOOO it’s September 1st! That means I will be older in 29days...YUCK...lol it kind of depressing, not the getting older part, but the fact that I wanted to accomplish so much more this past year. Oh well there is always next year right!

Okay on to less depressing things. I actually have a NewFo that I can show you for part of Barbara's NewFo challenge. For those of you that have forgotten what this is all about Barbara challenged us all to start one new project every month. You didn’t have to finish it, but just start something new and create a few UFO’s (UnFinished Objects) I was doing good until all these blog hops started. My NewFO’s were blocks for the hops and I couldn’t show them until my day to post.

Back in April while on holiday in Banff we stopped by a quilting store just outside Banff in the community of Canmore. While looking though all of their awesome inventory lucky me got sick and when that happens all I want to do is run and hide. Luckily Mr.P who is my trusty quilting shop buddy told me to just stay in one spot and he would go and look at things and then bring me to them. My mind wasn`t working and all I could do was say I don`t know maybe. Mr.P then decided that maybe I could just buy a few kits and he went and found some that he thought I would like. I loved them.  I really wanted to find something for a friend of mine that was moving into a new place this summer. I couldn’t find anything that I liked, however Mr.P found the perfect one. She loves turtles and this had appliqué turtles!






It was a pretty easy kit, but they really just gave you the bare minimum of everything. Luckily it was just enough. I just love the little turtles they are so darn cute!

It’s now in its new home and I hope it makes the new owner as happy as it made me!

Comments

  1. Very cute and a great gift - as well as NewFO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it and I'm sure your friend will to. I love those turtles with the little smiles...so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely man you're married to, to handle that situation so well. Sorry to hear that your illness can impact your life so badly, but sounds like you've got a keeper there.

    And what a great idea he had to pick out kits. Love these turtles - am a huge turtle fan myself. Would love to see wht else he piked out that day.

    Congras on the finish. I can see why it made you happy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this.. I have the pattern, but I made it into 4 placemats for my daughter. Turned out really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's new owner absolutely LOVES it!!! THANK-YOU!!! You did a really great job on it! The turtles fit perfectly into my home and I will always cherish it! :)

    Trina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, how sweet. What a fine friend you must be!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful gift, and what a wonderful husband too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your husband is a gem! So is that cute turtle quilt. What lovely colors and fabrics and such a fun theme.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it is wonderful that your husband goes quilt shop hopping with you, and that he knows you and your quilt style well enough to pick projects for you. Those turtles are fabulous! What a great gift.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's funny, I'm older every day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been in that quilt shop in Canmore as well and they do have a lot of wonderful kits. Your turtle quilt looks great and how neat that Mr. P. picked it for you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading all of them and I try my best to respond back asap via e-mail or on here :)

Popular Posts