WIP 12/09/2012



Today's hosts on the Dots on Dots Blog hop Are
***************************************************************


This past week I have been up to quite a bit in the craft room. I got 5 things off my to do list..yahooo
With the garden slowing down I don’t feel the need to be out everyday doing something. The weather has been pretty ugly too which makes it easier to stay inside.

Today I am linking up with WIP Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced and @The Needle and Thread Network.  Make sure you hop on over there and see what everyone else is working on too.
WIP Wednesday at Freshly PiecedRight Click to Save Image

My September to do list 
Wonky Bee block – Waiting for my package to arrive.
Picking a Wonky bee block for me next month- I have come up with an idea using a charm pack I have. I have just enough to send everyone a package, but then not enough to test out the block...LOL
Bee Creative 2012 block – Woven block. I will admit to being petty. My August block hasn't arrived yet so I don't plan on starting this till I get it in the mail...I know that makes me a jerk, but I don't think it is fair otherwise so I am being jerky...lol I am sure it is at the post office right now...lol
Christmas QAL 2012 On Saturday I finally got all my blocks done!!! This is the layout I am going to go with

And last night I redid my borders. I still have to add the hsts onto the ends and find a missing piece!



Fall blog Hop- I bought some fabric that I am going to use just not sure how to use it
Wicked Blog Hop- I have a few ideas and a lot of fabric

Done projects for September
International Stashers bee August block- Done and mailed
International Stashers bee block for Linsay- Done
We Bee Learning group one block for Laura- Arrow blocks- Done. I really thought these fabrics were going to work well..But it looks a little ummm....ugly...LOL

September NEWFO- Done or well started at least...lol
Dots blog hop-Done. My day to post is tomorrow so come back then to see them J
We Bee Learning group two block for Jane Done Baby Bud block in forest green, burgundy and gold
***** I am an Idiot i just realized I did this block wrong....the flower is suppose to be burgundy....shoot. Going to have to unpick it and try again!!*****
Sew Happy Geek QAL- Block  7 (i think I am out of order though..Lol) Done- Come back tomorrow to see it

No progress Items to date (these are projects that have appeared on the to do list for 1 or more months with you guessed it.....no progress
We bee Learning group 2 quilt- The orange fabric I ordered never came....booo Going to have to see what I have that I can use instead.
Baby quilt-cut out, assemble, and quilt
Sew Happy Geek QAL- Blocks  ,8,9,10,11 and 12 still need to be done
Table runner- I have pieced this sucker together. Now I just need to get the backing on and quilt it
Log cabin- put on binding
Log Cabin Christmas quilt – sandwich and quilt
We Bee Learning group one Quilt- The grey fabric for my sashing came in. Now I need to get to work
2011 BOM- Since it is 2012 you can see I am a bit behind on this one. I have Jan, Feb., March done. I just finished April and I am working on May.
Halloween Wall Hanging- this was a kit so everything is ready to be to start cutting and sewing

Comments

  1. You have been really busy, and have some great things to show for it. You must be doing a happy dance over there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What little bit of a garden I had - all is done but a few tomato plants - so cleared out and ready for a mulch over. Glad you got some sewing time in. Really do love the colors in your Christmas quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't pick a layout when you published all those variations a couple of days ago. But the one you picked is lovely. The border finishes it off so beautifully. Lovely!!

    The Wee Bee arrow block isn't ugly, but the arrow effect got lost. I think if you took two of the arrows and pointed them out, it would fix it. I'll do a mockup and send it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lot going on in your quilting world! Great Christmas QAL quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. after reading rita's comment I had to go back and look at that block again -- ah yes, now I see the arrows, so yes, the arrows got lost with those fabrics...

    A classic setting for the quilt and I especially like the border you are adding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the layout you did on the Christmas QAL. Those colours are so striking together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I say this every time...you are one busy lady:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Zowie! You are BUSY! take it slowly and steadily and enjoy the process.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those borders make an amazing difference! Lovely piecing....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading all of them and I try my best to respond back asap via e-mail or on here :)

Popular Posts