Cookies

Last night we finished up our Swiss cookie making with Vanillehörnchen which translates into Vanilla horns. I had never made these before, but I think they turned out pretty good. Mr. Pickles said he couldn’t remember what they were suppose to taste like, however he thought they tasted good too...lol

We ended up with 60 cookies
sorry for the dark picture, they taste better than they look

Out of the three cookies we made these were the easiest so I will include the recipe.

Vanillehörnchen (from Swiss cookies by Andrew Rushton and Katalin Fekete)

1 ½ cups of flour
Pinch of salt
1 cup butter
½ cup icing sugar
2tsp vanilla sugar
1 1/8 cups ground almonds

-Mix flour salt and butter in a bowl and rub the butter into the flour with cold hands until the mixture has formed into crumbs.
-Add remaining ingredients and form into dough
-Chill for 30 mins
-Once chilled roll a little bit of the dough at a time into finger thick pieces and shape into crescents. Lay on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Cool for 15 mins
-Bake at 400F for 10-15 minutes. Sprinkle with vanilla sugar while they are still warm
Vanilla sugar
6 tbsp icing sugar
3tsp vanilla sugar.

I just have sugar cookies left to make and decorate and I will be done my Christmas baking for this year. I usually make a few appetizers on my own for over the holiday, however, with everything I made with my mom I am not sure I need any more. Decisions decisions decisions....lol I think I will make just a few... Brie bites and prosciutto and gruyere palmiers.
Now I’m off to occupy my sewing room....wish me luck!!

Comments

Popular Posts