Mrs. Pickles strikes again

With another bumper crop of cucumbers what else would you expect Mrs. Pickles to do...but make pickles!
I made 7 1L jars of fridge pickles on Saturday night. They are now all crammed in the fridge. I think this will be all I make of these for this year. Unless we go and buy another fridge! *I just found another jar hiding..I was sure I made 8!!
I was then inspired by David P. Offutt - The Gastronomic Gardener over at Adventures in Food Land to make spilt dills on Sunday Night. I didn’t follow the great recipe he posted though. I cheated....I had a lot of brine left over from the fridge pickles so I boiled that up and poured in on my split cucumbers. Not sure what they will taste like, but I think i will have a few more cucumbers to experiment with.  I was able to get 9 500ml jars.
I still plan on trying the recipe in David's post. It is printed and on the fridge! Now I just have to go out and pick more cucumbers!

Comments

Popular Posts