Too much to do part 2


Well I survived my list of things to do yesterday. However, I didn’t quite get as much done as I would have liked. Isn’t that just the way it always works out!

I cleaned up the mess from Friday only to make a bigger mess last night that now needs to be dealt with...lol

The weather was overcast yesterday afternoon so I was able to get a lot of work done in the garden.

At least one cob of corn is ready. I think I might eat it for lunch today.

 The zucchini had thankfully not mutated and were a nice size to pick. There are about 10 more 5inch ones out there, but only an inch in diameter so I left them.

I decided that since I didn’t know what to do with the cucumbers that I would just leave them. However, Mr. Pickles went out and picked a kitchen size garbage bag this morning. Like I didn’t have enough other things to do today...lol Oh well he thought he was doing me a favour...lol

I picked both rows of beans yesterday. I just pulled the suckers up by the roots and picked away. I think I left more than half of the green beans in the garden though. They were just too yellow and I wasn’t sure if I could shell them or not. Oh well almost all the purple beans were good so there wasn’t much of a chance that I wouldn’t have enough.

I will leave the bean totals for tomorrow and the preserving totals till Tuesday....but
Blanched Beans minus another 2lbs still in the sink

All that took me 3 hours to wash and blanch and then another hour later to vacuum seal. Needless to say I was very tired after all of that.

So with 4 hours on the beans and of course I had to have a nap it didn’t leave time to

Harvest broccoli and cauliflower...wash...blanch
Make beet root relish
Make pizza and tart dough
Make cabbage soup

Today was going to be a salsa making day though...so we shall see what gets done!

On a side note........
Onions in the porch.....STINKY!!!! Mr. Pickles thought the sewer had backed up when he got home...lol

Comments

  1. You are a busy person....

    Love the name of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't feel sorry for you today..I've been working forever with the kraut canning! I'm so tired..I gave it a taste before putting it into the jars..it stinks while making..but that's some good stuff :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barb-Thank you and thanks for stopping by. I think I am more of a procrastinator which than makes me busy..lol

    Gingerbreadhouse7-Lol yeah no need to feel sorry for me at all...I don't..lol And even though my porch smells like poo due to the onions. At least my house doesn't stink like kraut.. :p However, I wish it did!! I love sour kraut!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a lot of beans!!!! It looks like you'll be set for the next 12 months.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thomas- I agree I don't think I will be buying beans this winter or next..lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading all of them and I try my best to respond back asap via e-mail or on here :)

Popular Posts