Sewing Saturday


I don’t have much to show for sewing Saturday. We ended up going to the city last night and that cut into my sewing time for sure. I did neglect the house work yesterday though and got started on my block for the International stashes bee. Amy has us making and octagonal orb and after almost fainting when I first saw the block it has been pretty easy to put together. There was a lot of cutting and sewing, but for the most part my seams are matching up pretty good.

Once you sew all your rows together you then sew them into little wedding cakes like this.


Now I have to cut these into triangles using a template and then sew all 8 triangles together....which is what I am going to try and get done this afternoon.

This means I just have 1 and a half bee blocks left to make and then I am caught up for April! I’m cutting it close, but I should be able to get them all in the mail on Monday!!

In other news last night I joined up to sell Mary Kay....LOL I don’t even wear make up...oh my. My younger cousin had her first party and plans on making career money selling the product. I attended the party and of course was going to buy something to help her out. However, they had a great deal on their kit if you signed up to be a consultant. What I wanted to buy cost 100 the kit cost 62. Since it will help her out by now having “team members” and I will get 50% off everything I order with no real obligations other than having to make one $200 order in the next year I thought why not. It is a good product and I do need to start taking better care of my skin, so I think it will be a good fit for me.  Don’t worry this is NOT going to become a makeup blog now....I just thought I would share that funny news with everyone.

I also gave the non quilt baby gift to the mommy I blogged about before. Thank you to everyone that made me feel good for not wanting to make a quilt. My gift wasn’t even wanted, although taken. So I am very happy that I didn’t put my heart into a quilt that would have gotten that same response!

Have a great day

Comments

  1. Hi! That block looks like way too much work for me!! I like to do simple blocks! Good job! Nancy at Cozy Thyme Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cant' wait to see the blocks cut/sewn together ... looks pretty!!

    Aahh the MK .... :) Gotta love it! Used to be $250 every 3 months when I sold it ... :( kinda sucked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you went with your gut on the baby gift!
    HA! have fun with the whole Mary Kay thing, Honeyman's Aunt used to have a MK car! She was the queen of sales I tell you!
    And You know once you try a block ... they get a littel easier don't they! ;) Can't wait to see them finished!! (or it finished as I have no clue what it is to look like!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see the quilt block all sewn up - can you put a link up to the tutorial you are following? I have always wondered about signing up to be a consultant, you will have to let us know how you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm happy to hear that you didn't go with the quilt, given the lack of enthusiasm for your gift! My goodness, I really can't imagine. Looking forward to seeing the finished orb blocks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading all of them and I try my best to respond back asap via e-mail or on here :)

Popular Posts