TTBH day three is for me



Today is day three of the Table Topper Blog hop!

It is also my day to showcase what I made!





Welcome to day three of the table topper blog hop. To those of you unfamiliar with what this blog hop is all about let me tell you. Madame Samm over at sewiquilt.com came up with the great idea to have a blog hop where we showcase a mini quilt in whatever them we wanted. The only rule was that you had to showcase your mini quilt on a 12 x 14 table top quilt frame.

 I took part in her Ghastliesblog hop back in November and had so much fun that I just had to be part of this one too. So I bought my frame after Christmas and got to work. I decided that I was going to try and make a mini every month that showcased something about that month.

For those of you familiar with my blog you may recall my heart for February. This was my first attempt at making something to fit a frame. I sat down and drew out what I wanted to make and then tried to find the right size to make my HST’s. It took a couple of tries, but I think it worked out in the end.


My second mini was a shamrock for March. When I posted about it back in March I had just learnt to do appliqué the night before, but was still too afraid to try machine stitching it so this was as far as it got. The pattern came out of my head and it kind of ended up looking a bit like a broccoli!


However, with a little cold medication (I did have a cold at the time. I am not trying to use quilting enhancing drugs....lol) and motivation I tried machine stitching for the second time, first time ever on curves and I couldn’t be happier with how it turned out. I think it really takes my broccoli to the shamrock level...LOL



I did make a couple of minis for the hop that I haven’t posted about yet. 

Since Easter fell in the month of April I made a little Easter Cross. It was pretty simple to draw this idea out and cut it out. I think this may have been the quickest project I have ever made. For some reason this one is sitting a little wonky, but I didn't take another picture before I gave it away


For May I wanted to make something with flowers. I drew up a few things, but didn’t quite know how to turn it into something. Then I had a brilliant idea! For group 2 of the We Bee Learning Bee our March hostess Tara asked us to make her a Starflower block using the wonderful tutorial over at Ellison Lane Quilts. With this tutorial you end up getting two blocks. I sent one to Tara and figured I would turn the other into a Mini.


It just screams SPRING to me and if sure to help brighten up the house.

I am totally stumped on what to make for June though so this is where my monthly Mini’s will stop for today.

Thank you to Madame Samm for hosting this lovely blog hop and helping to inspire me to make so many fun projects!  

And

Thank YOU so much for taking the time to stop by today. I hope you enjoyed my blog and I hope you continue on with us for the next 5 days in the blog hop!




Make sure you check out the lovely blogs below for some great inspiration. And make sure to check out Madame Sams site on the last day of the hop for some pretty cool prizes! 



Wednesday April 18th


Mrs Pickles This is me!


Remember to check out Madame Samm's site daily for prize winners as well as the full blog hop schedule




Comments

  1. Well done my dear! Wonderful little 'toppers' to dress up and cheer up the room. Thank you for sharing with us today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful toppers. I love the idea of doing one to reflect each month.

    I am in awe of your machine stitching on the curves of your shamrock. I've never been able to do anything that looks half as good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your table toppers are all so precious! Love your creativity and your "where there is a will, there is a way" philosophy. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fabulous. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Inspiration comes in many forms. This table topper blog hop has definitely given me some ideas. Thanks for the opportunity to view your blog and the minis.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great toppers, love your stories to go with them! Be careful with mixing cold medicine with quilting tho...I went through my finger with the needle doing that a few years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi
    Your table toppers are so colorful. They make the start of my day. Thank you.
    Aurea

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely little toppers and such a great idea to make one for each month .Thanks so much for sharing your creativity:-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well Done on your minis! I also LOVE the fun bright Starflower!!
    I feel like a dud, I only have one mini! LOL Oh, well!! I will make more!
    You can nod to your neighbors to the south and do red, white, and blue for July! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your table toppers. I do hope you end up making a June, too. I would love to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good Morning Mrs.....simple, seasonal and downright inspiring...you did good..

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love these little toppers - I've had the holder for a couple of years and I'm getting some great ideas for new quilts. blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've done such a nice job on all your toppers! And I really love the background photo you are using for your blog! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the star one, the color is magic.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I heard someone is doing one a week but I would rather have one per season I think - I love your little toppers. Thanks for your participation in this wonderful hop. Judy C

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great Job on those table toppers! Way to incorporate the Wee Bee Block. Love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. a nice way to keep show the months as they pass by..... somethng for june ... maybe something for dad a tie /ball and bat fishing pole and fish ......
    in stitches

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's obvious Mrs. P. that you are having a great time with monthly table toppers. It's a great challenge for the year and you're doing a wonderful job of it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE your star & the funny thing is I've been wanting to make one! Great toppers!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great job! I love that Starflower...just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You've been busy!! Such cute mini quilts and aren't they fun to make!!
    Blessings
    Gmama Jane

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very nice! I was thinking about lighthouses & starfish this morning. Plan to do something small for my bathroom wall. Perhaps some inspiration?

    ReplyDelete
  23. The colorful star is my favorite. You'll see why if you look at my table topper on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cute toppers and well done with the quilting. I like the idea of having one for each month. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the spring colours in your Starflower - very cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great ideas for seasonal quilts, and they're so easy to whip up and switch out! Love the Star.

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a great idea! I love it! A mini for each month is something that can easily be accomplished! Thank you. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very nice! love your toppers! thanks for the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great toppers! Perfect seasonal decorations. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Well, you sure do know how to meet a challenge. Your shamrock is sew cute. I have seen the tute for the star, I love your colours. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a great idea to turn one block into a table topper! Oh the UFOs I could call complete.....
    :O)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great idea for each month. June....hmmm? Graduations, summer vacation, erc.

    ReplyDelete
  33. they are all so sweet - love the little clover :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thank you for sharing.. I love having special things to put out for holidays..your heart quilt is a great..The colors of your cross quilt are regal..I agree the fun colors shout spring on your May project.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love the star quilt. It is so colourful. Thanks for sharing your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  36. What wonderful table toppers and so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Firstly, I love your blog title. :-)
    Great post... I like all your table toppers.
    (Quilting enhancing drugs? LOL... too funny! I have a glass of wine, does that qualify?)
    June is graduations and weddings and days at the beach... is that any help?
    I'm a new follower, too.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Such fun table toppers! I love the seasonal/holiday idea for them. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  39. What great toppers! Good job, Thanks for sharing.
    Cheers
    maggie

    ReplyDelete
  40. Great seasonal projects! Cute and colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Mrs. Pickles.....What a great idea to do monthly blocks....I'm still working on my ideas...thank goodness I'm on the last day. Thanks for sharing in the blog hop...(o:

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love your Starflower block. It reminds me of my summer of painting last year. Thank you for the inspiration. ~Kelly

    unDeniably Domestic

    ReplyDelete
  43. Im doing a bit of back hopping today- each of your mini's made me smile! I especially love the heart and the one for may!

    ReplyDelete
  44. I really like the heart topper!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading all of them and I try my best to respond back asap via e-mail or on here :)

Popular Posts