Wip 25/03/2012


I haven’t done a WIP report in a few weeks and I hate to admit that I haven’t gotten much done. I am going to change things up a little for this WIP post. I am going to put things into groups of DONE, NEED TO GET DONE and NO PROGRESS
Right Click to Save Image WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Today I am linking up with WIP Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced and @The Needle and Thread Network.  Make sure you hop on over there and see what everyone else is working on too.

My april to do list

Done

We Bee Learning group two block for Jody- Wonky log cabin. Done and ready to get mailed tomorrow

Bee Creative 2012 block for Brandie- Wonky # sign done and mailed

Wonky Bee block for Leah- for this one we were to make 1 large square, 2 little squares and then help her out with a scrap project. I have spent a good part of yesterday and today crying over this block, because I am an Idiot!! For the large block I cut everything out started sewing everything together except for the last 3.5x12.5 strip...lunch was burning so I ran to save it and forgot about the sewing. Fast forward to later in the day when I then started in on the small squares and the scrap project. When I was cutting the scrap project I thought hey there is an extra 12.5 strip what the heck.......I finished all the little squares for the scrap project and got ready to take a pic of everything. I then saw that I didn’t finish the large square.........and guess what I couldn’t find that extra strip.............BECAUSE I CUT IT UP INTO SMALLER PIECES FOR THE SCRAP PROJECT!!!!!!!! So now I have to send an incomplete square back to Leah. I really hope that she has an extra piece of that fabric to finish the square. It just makes me sick that I was so stupid!


Blog hop mini- You can check out my post for the hop here

St. Patrick’s Day Mini- Read more on it Here

Easter mini- Read more on it Here

Need to get done ASAP
We Bee Learning group one block for Jane- Whirly giggle. I think I am going to do mine in pink
International Stashers block for Amy- Octagonal Orb for Amy in white, red, orange, yellow, green, and blue, purple, pink
Christmas QAL 2012- I was away when the unit C instructions came out so I need to catch up on that

No Progress
Baby quilt-cut out, assemble, and quilt
Table runner- I have pieced this sucker together. Now I just need to get the backing on and quilt it
Log cabin- put on binding
Log Cabin Christmas quilt – sandwich and quilt
Sew Happy Geek QAL- Blocks 5, 7,8,9,10,11 and 12 still need to be done
We Bee Learning group one Quilt- The grey fabric for my sashing came in. Now I need to get to work
We bee Learning group 2 quilt- I am suck on sashing or no sashing now...lol
2011 BOM- Since it is 2012 you can see I am a bit behind on this one. I have Jan, Feb., March done. I just finished April and I am working on May.
Halloween Wall Hanging- this was a kit so everything is ready to be to start cutting and sewing

So there you go what is what I have and haven’t been up to. I am going to take a few deep breaths and go back to the sewing room. I am going to try and not be an idiot today!

Take Care

Comments

  1. oh dear, but it just gives a chance for a creative solution. Things work out. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! you have lots on the go. I love the black/white/red blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cutting up fabric earmarked for other projects is a not rare occurrence in my studio.....so sorry that it happened to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't think you're the only one that cuts up fabric that they thought they had no need for! It's a big club!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hugs..So sorry you went through that..I've done it many times too :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blocks look great! I love your wonky # block. Lovely! You will get it all done in good time, don't stress :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please be an idiot! I need company. :) The world needs more idiots in my opinion because the perfect people are no fun. Lots of great stuff going on here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, that sucks! Don't beat yourself up though, these things happen. I'm sure it will work out fine in the end -- these 'challenges' are part of the process, I think. Your table toppers look great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading all of them and I try my best to respond back asap via e-mail or on here :)

Popular Posts