On Wednesday I sat down at the sewing machine to do a little free motion quilting on our wonky star quilt.
This started off with an hour of swearing at the darning foot and breaking two needles. I finally got one whole row done when the darning foot started acting up again. I had to wait a whole day for Mr.P to have time to see what I was doing wrong. However, once he took about 2 minutes to tighten the foot and explain to me that I was adjusting stitch width instead of length which was also buggering everything up I was ready to go.
On Friday after whining about not getting good deals online like I did last year I ended up back at the sewing machine.
It took me a couple of hours....buuuuuut
I got it all done!! It’s not perfect, but I am really happy with the end result. This is my first time ever quilting an actual quilt size quilt. I have done wall hangings, mug rugs and such, but never a whole quilt.
My mother is our basement (where they are living while their house is getting built) putting on the binding as I type this. I now need to get my blocks sewn for the 2nd quilt we are making.
have a great day