Thursdays Kitchen Cupbord 02/09/2012


Today hosts for the Think Christmas blog hop are

*****************************************************************************************************

Well it has been another one of those weeks were I realize that I forgot to take pictures of everything we ate..LOL oh well it is what it is. Two of the dishes that I used fresh veggies in were Bruschetta where I used basil, parsley, tomatoes and onion. The other dish was stir fried veggies were I added some pak choi. Both were very yummy!

I was also able to get a bit of preserving done in the past week. I cut all my spinach and got 5 4oz bags. It’s about ready to cut again so I am looking forward to freezing some more!


Mr. Pickles brought home some of his sour cherries from the farm and they were so good and soooo sour!. Last year I pitted everything with a straw, which took forever. This past Christmas Mr.P bought me a cherry pitter and it worked like a dream!!! Okay it worked pretty good there were still quite a few cherries I bit down on and bit a pit...OUCH!


After last year’s disappointment in making sour cherry pie filling I decided to just make sour cherry fruit. I raw packed the cherries into jars, poured a heavy syrup solution on them and then processed. We ended up with 18 jars! 


I am linking up with Thursdays Kitchen cupboard over at TheGardener of Eden. Make sure you go on over and check out what is going on in other kitchen across the globe.


Comments

  1. That is a lot of cherries to can. I remember my mother with her cherry pitter. We had the same problem. Most were fine, but occasionally one would get through unpitted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only there were a foolproof method of pitting cherries. It is a boring job-those gadgets make it more bearable, but ouch, those pits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't imagine pitting all those cherries with a straw! Wow!

    They look so pretty in the jars, I'd be tempted to keep them out on the counter somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you lucky gal to have all those cherries!! Looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading all of them and I try my best to respond back asap via e-mail or on here :)

Popular Posts