WIP Wednesday 22/08/2012


I would like to send out a big THANK YOU to everyone that stopped by my blog yesterday for the Bowl with Borders Blog hop. Everyone left such lovely comments that certainly helped to make me feel better about the project I showed off.  
So Thank you Thank you Thank you!!
Today hosts on the hop are:
*****************************************************************************************


Okay now onto something that I haven’t done in awhile......Work In Progress Wednesday!! I really feel like I have been getting a lot of sewing done this month, however when I look back I haven’t gotten much done at all.....LOL Oh well I am waiting for some fabric to arrive and I have to go into the city to buy some more fabric too so that has kind of brought things to a halt as well.

Today I am linking up with WIP Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced and @The Needle and Thread Network.  Make sure you hop on over there and see what everyone else is working on too.
WIP Wednesday at Freshly PiecedRight Click to Save Image


My August to do list 

International Stashers bee- Chris is asking for a free form strip block. Should be easy enough and is in red, aqua and white. I have the two white 14x14 blocks cut as well as a few red strips. This is the only aqua that I have so I had to order some more...hopefully it shows up soon!!

We Bee Learning group one block for Rita- Postage stamp blocks. This should be fun and will really get me working on perfect seams! Rita has a great tutorial HERE. I have started saving all my scraps and putting them into different bags. I have quite a few squares so I am going to try and make one block just matching up squares and then if that doesn’t work I am going to use her tut to do the rest...lol

Bee Creative 2012 block – It’s my month to host. I am asking for The Classic Paint box blocks from Ohfransson.com I ordered a precut pack of 10’ squares so I can finish this quilt on my own....can’t wait to get my fabric and everyone’s blocks!!

Wonky Bee block – waiting for my package to arrive

Christmas QAL 2012 FINALLLLY got unit D finished. Now I just have to trim all the HST’s

August NEWFO- This is almost done....but you will have to wait a week to see the finished project...I LOVE IT though!!!

We bee Learning group 2 quilt- Finally got all my blocks sewn together. I made an extra block to go with the 2 extra I received from Nita and Jody. I am going to find a nice bright orange to use as a large 2nd 
border and maybe a black skinny border for the 1st one...just to frame it all off...what ya think?

Dots blog hop-This starts in September and my day to show is on our wedding anniversary September 13th. I am thinking I might do a few blocks in our wedding colours....which means I have to buy some turquoise and brown with dots!

Done projects for August
Bowls with borders hop blocks- Finished and posted about it yesterday!!!

We Bee Learning group two block for Jackie –Greek Cross block in white, grey and something bright. Sorry about the wrinkles I think I need to relearn how to iron!


No progress Items to date (these are projects that have appeared on the to do list for 1 or more months with you guessed it.....no progress
Baby quilt-cut out, assemble, and quilt
Sew Happy Geek QAL- Blocks  7,8,9,10,11 and 12 still need to be done
Table runner- I have pieced this sucker together. Now I just need to get the backing on and quilt it
Log cabin- put on binding
Log Cabin Christmas quilt – sandwich and quilt
We Bee Learning group one Quilt- The grey fabric for my sashing came in. Now I need to get to work
2011 BOM- Since it is 2012 you can see I am a bit behind on this one. I have Jan, Feb., March done. I just finished April and I am working on May.
Halloween Wall Hanging- this was a kit so everything is ready to be to start cutting and sewing

So there you go that is my WIP list for august 21st.
Thanks for stopping by

Comments

  1. Wow! Seems to me that you did accomplish alot in August, but your list of no progress is daunting! I'm sure mine is close to yours but I just don't keep a list so it doesn't scare me! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. |Gosh you're as busy as I am lately...there aren't enough hours in the day!! Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You are busy! Lots going on. I love your pinwheels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a list! I really like those bowls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, your list is unbelievably long....but what is amazing is how you manage to get it done! The We bee blocks are perfect. I like the ideas for the borders.....I think it will frame your blocks nicely but not detract from them....I'm sorry I missed your bowl with borders post...I'm going to check it out right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You certainly have "bitten off" a huge bit of work! It makes me feel tired just reading your list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you are super busy, all your projects look great! Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know, looks like a lot to me.
    Looking forward to seeing the reveal. You big tease ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your projects are really nice, love those bowls, but what really blows my mind is your blog background. Is it a picture of the scotch marigolds in your garden?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't believe how busy you are and how many projects you have on the go.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading all of them and I try my best to respond back asap via e-mail or on here :)

Popular Posts