Lazy Gardener and Stubborn Tomatoes

Today I should be out in the garden picking cucumbers, peas, beans, lettuce, beets, kohlrabi and maybe even some onions... But I am typing this blog post instead. I went out about an hour ago and deemed it too hot for me to work outside today. Very bad I know. It just means that now I will have to go out this evening when the mosquitoes are twice as bad or not go out at all...hmmmm thinking thinking...
 
What I would like to do today is can. However, I have nothing too can. I still have 15 jars of pickled beans from last year so I don't think it would be practical to make more. My mother might be coming out on Thursday to help blanch and freeze some beans. I could get all that done today though..hmmm too much thinking already!

 The Roma's are entering the home stretch....I HOPE! For the first time in 4 years they are actually starting to ripen on the vine... WOW I am already starting to calculate how many tomatoes I need to make what I want. If everything goes well I think I just might get my salsa and one other thing. Now I just have to choose between canning whole tomatoes or making sauce!
Roma's ripening amongst the dying leaves

The Hot 100's which entered my dreams last night in a crazy way....are still not doing much of anything. They set fruit over 2 months ago and not one little bugger has ripened. I think the mutant bush that it has created might be blocking out too much sun. I am thinking of going out there and trimming back a few branches, but I don't what to kill it...darn there is that blasted thinking again...lol
Hot 100's hanging out
So here is to talking about everything and doing nothing...lol

Comments

  1. Good luck on those stubborn tomatoes. I hope they get their act together and start to ripen up for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daphne-thank you. i will tell them you said to hurry up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading all of them and I try my best to respond back asap via e-mail or on here :)

Popular Posts