Happy Saint Patrick’s day!
Now I know this isn’t really your typical holiday, but it is still fun to dress up in green and pretend you are Irish for the day. Although my heritage is Ukrainian and German my mother’s ancestors actually moved to Ireland just before the start of the Potato Famine! Talk about bad timing!!! I cannot recall how long they stayed for before coming to Canada, but that has to mean I am at least a wee bit Irish.....lol
Today is also the next instalment of our international food night’s dinner parties and if you recall we picked D from the bag. You will have to wait till tomorrow to find out which country we choose, however since today is also St.Patrick's days there will a wee bit of Irish fare as well.
Okay onto FNSI!!!
Well my FSNI wasn’t quite what I had hoped for. I wanted to get in my 2-3hours like I normally do, however we were in the city most of the day and evening buying food for the supper this evening so we didn’t get home until 9. It took me until 9:30 to unpack and put everything away and then print out all my recipes. Nonetheless, I told Mr. Pickles I was going to try to get in 1 hour of sewing, before I made us supper....lol
So what did I get done in 1 hour?
First I got my wonky house for Bea all cut up and ironed on. I really enjoyed doing this it was so much fun and so easy to do!
Now the hard part is that she wants us to machine stitch the whole thing using the button hole stitch and I have no idea what to do. I have never done appliqué before and I am afraid to do it wrong!! Also on my machine to use the button hole stitch you have to use the button hole foot and then it just makes a wee little rectangle....So I am not sure what to do now.....going to have to Google that!
For the past month on my to-do list I have had make a St.Patty’s day mini for my table top quilt hanger on there in big letters. However, I couldn’t think of what to make so I didn’t make anything. Until last night that is. After doing the appliqué for Bea’s block I thought “Hey what about an appliqué Shamrock!”
However, I didn’t have any of the heat and bond stuff she sent along.......but then guess what I found a wee little sheet of steam a seam just laying on the floor! No idea where it came from, but I scooped it up and used it. This is what I came up with
Now it isn’t finished, I still have to sandwich it and quilt is, but it almost done!!!! I know it looks like a broccoli...but I still think it is pretty cute. I want to try and do some stitching in a lighter green to define things a bit more, however I am quite happy with it!