Thursday, 29 March 2012

Thursdays thoughts

Today is Thursday kitchen cupboard over at The gardener of Eden’s blog. I don’t really have anything to share this week, but I encourage you to go over and take a look at what is going on in kitchen around the world!

So instead of playing in the kitchen what have I been doing you ask....well not much of anything. I have been blessed with a 3 day migraine again which has brought me to me knees and therefore limited a lot of what I have wanted to do. My big plan was to start my seeds yesterday, but that didn’t happen. Oh well as long as I get my butt into gear this week or at least make Mr. Pickles do it all should be okay.

So since I don’t have a lot to say today I thought I would just leave you with this strange picture.


That is spinach growing in my garden?!!?? I planted the seeds last June in hopes to get a second spinach crop. They never came up, I tilled them over, we had winter where the temps hit -54C at one time and the little buggers came up! Very strange!

7 comments:

  1. Some seeds really like the cold. My self seeded cilantro always comes up reliably but not my spring sown ones. I always figured the seed coat cracks in the cold and makes it easier to germinate. Or at least that's my theory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's great and funny! I call it that passive gardening approach!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely spinach! Looks like a salad for Mrs. P. is in the making :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I certainly hope your migraine is gone by now. They are no fun at all!
    Enjoy the spinach!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think i said it before about my friend sowing her seeds... same concept right?? LOL~
    I do so hope your migrane goes away! I feel ya there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. New found spinach, a serendipity!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That certainly does look like spinach. It's growing very low to the ground, isn't it?

    Sorry about the migraine. What causes it, do you think? a food, stress?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading all of them and I try my best to respond back asap via e-mail or on here :)