Monday, 20 February 2012

Happy Family Day

Today is family day here in Saskatchewan. There is no real importance to today’s date the government just decided to give us an extra Stat Holiday a few years back and that is what they chose to call it.  We don’t have any big plans today. Mr. Pickles is working at the farm until 2 or 3 and then lunch and maybe a walk later on. So basically just like every other day...lol

Since my shoulder was acting up again this week giving me the most amazing migraines I don’t really have much to share on the gardening front or Sewing front. Which doesn’t leave me much to talk about...Well I could go on and on about nothing I am quite good at that...but I like to have a post with pictures and it’s hard to take a picture of nothing...lol

Today I think I am going to try and cut a bit of fabric for the Sew Happy Geek QAL blocks that I am horribly behind on and get my mini quilt all quilted up. I also want to get my garden plan started.

I have started my garden plan a little bit. As you may recall I know what I am going to plant this year I just haven`t finalized what goes where. The Strawberries and Raspberries are going to stay where they are and this year I am thinking about putting two raised herb gardens at the end of the garden.


This is what I am thinking of, however I don`t know if it is going to give the herbs enough room. I plan of doing one at each end of the width of the garden and planting chamomile in-between them.


Herb garden for 2012?

Okay Off to draw up my plans (I tried on here but it doesn`t copy to blogger very well)




6 comments:

  1. Enjoy your day. We do not get a Family Day here in NS. However, since I mostly deal with people in other parts of Canada...it has been very quiet for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This garden looks amazing and a super great use of space. Happy planning...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of Family Day, sounds like a good idea to me!

    I love the design of your herb planters and might just have to do something similar in my front garden.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really think that will be pretty as well as functional! I do so wish Honeyman was handy enough to make one of those! (but sadly we would have a better chance if I was the one wielding the hammer! LOL)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also live in a zone 2 gardening zone. It's starting to feel like time to begin browsing the seed catalogues. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading all of them and I try my best to respond back asap via e-mail or on here :)