Versatile Blogger Award
A few days ago I was thrilled to see that I was awarded the Versatile Blogger award by Barbara over at Cat Patches. Thank you very much Barbara I am very honoured to be included in your list! I found Barbara’s blog late last year and it has quickly become one of my favourites. She is a very talented quilter and photographer!
Here are the rules for the Versatile Blogger Award:.
1. Add the award to your blog.
. Thank the blogger who gave it to you.
3. Mention seven random things about yourself. (see below)
4. List the rules.
5. Award to 15 bloggers.
6. Inform each of those 15 by leaving a comment on their blog.
Okay seven random things about me.....hmmmm
1. I have a degree in Classical and Near Eastern Archaeology, but have only put it into use once on a dig in Jordan
2. I am a city girl through and through although I married a farmer and now live out on acreage.
3. I am an only child and it is not as great as everyone with siblings thinks it is
4. I have been playing the piano for 22 years and use to be a piano teacher
5. I have a mild addiction to cookbooks...and now fabric..lol
6. I have lived on two different continents
7. I have visited 16 different countries
Okay now to choose 15 different bloggers..This is going to be hard I would really like to include everyone that I follow since I enjoy all your blogs. I am going to go with the blogs that I visit the most in no particular order.
1. Annies Kitchen Garden- Annie’s Granny or Mrs. Lettuce as I refer to her always has great gardening tips that she is willing to share
2. Daphne’s Dandelions- Daphne is the host of harvest Monday’s and it is her posts that helped to start me on my gardening blog adventure.
3. Growing and Cooking- Wilderness’s blog is a new on that I have come upon that I truly enjoy. It’s amazing to see the meals she can make for such a low cost!
4. Gingerbreadhouse7- Ginny is a kind hearted soul that is always willing to lend great advice from garden to canning to how to cook cows tongue!
5. The Gardener of Eden- Robin is the host of Thursdays Kitchen Cupboard and constantly fills my head with great recipes and how to grow a great garden
6. Insanity Defence- Josie has become my partner in crime in starting up a virtual bee. Neither of us knew what we were doing but we both started bees and they are working out great.
7. Buzzing and Bumbling- Linda has a great blog full of tips and easy to follow tutorials. She has a very creative mind.
8. Quilt times- Sue’s blog was the first quilting blog I found and started to follow. Through her kind words and encouragement I have found myself quilting more than I thought I ever would! She has a great book out called Pick Four. I flip through it at least once a day and have plans to start a quilt from her book this month!
9. Hazel’s Quilts- Hazel is a very talented quilter who takes you along on her quilt journey from start to finish. I also just found out she is garden too...what a perfect combo!
10. Quilting by the River- Connie is another talented lady whose projects never cease to amaze me. Her new quilting room is a dream come true for me!
11. Butterfly Quilting- Flo is the first quilter from Saskatchewan that I had found online. It is nice to see a talented quilter that is in the same province as me.
12. Sew Happy Geek- I just found Jenna’s blog late in 2011, but just in time to start her QAL. Her instructions are clear and easy for a newbie like me to follow. I am very grateful to her for teaching me so many new blocks!
13. Aunt Polly’s Porch- Polly’s blog is always full of the neatest creations and the cutest little dog name Yogi!
14. Quilt monster in my Closet- I found Christine’s blog in December when I was looking for a virtual bee to join. Her blog was the first one to show up in my Google search and I asked to join right away. Wonky is something that I can’t quite wrap my head around, but I am so happy she started this wonky bee.
15. Modern Balabusta- I just came across Lisa’s blog this year and it is full of very lovely blocks. I enjoy checking out her blog to see what she comes up with next.
I could go on and on since there are so many great blogs out there. I hope you take the time to visit all these lovely ladies.
Thank you once again Barbara for awarding me this lovley award