Thursdays Kitchen Cupboard

This week really seemed to fly by it honestly feels like it should be Friday and that was last week already...lol Oh well one of these days I am sure time will start to slow down a little bit.

I wasn’t very good at following my menu plan for the week. We ended up eating out twice and then I just didn’t feel like making what I had planned for or I couldn’t find it in the freezer. However, of the things that I did make like the Paella, stir fry, or ribs I forget to take pictures..Lol

I did end up taking one picture of one of our meals. Chicken with mushroom gravy. It’s really easy so I thought I would include a recipe.

Chicken with Mushroom gravy by Mrs. Pickles
Ingredients
2 chicken breasts, pounded thin
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2c white wine
1 small onion, chopped
1tbsp butter
6 mushrooms, sliced
1 yellow pepper, sliced
1tbsp flour
2cups of heavy cream or milk

Heat olive oil in a skillet and season chicken. Add chicken to skillet and cook on each side for 4-5 mins or until golden brown. Remove and set aside.
Add onion to pan along with wine and deglaze the pan. Sauté onions for another 2-3 mins. Add mushrooms, butter and peppers and cook for 4 mins or until tender. Add flour to mixture and stir for 1 min. Add milk slowly stirring constantly until thick. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 2 mins stirring frequently.
Either add chicken back to the pan and cover with sauce or serve it on the side with pasta.


A few of you had asked about the Paella recipe so here it is too

Chicken and Chorizo Paella (modified from Gordon Ramsay)
2 ¼ cup medium grain rice (I use basmati)
2 chicken breasts cut in to bite size pieces
2 chorizo sausage cut into small pieces (ran out of chorizo and used chicken sausage this time. It was lovely)
3 tbsp olive oil
1 red pepper, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1cup sliced mushrooms
1 clove of garlic, minced
1/2c white wine
4 cups chicken stock
1/2tsp paprika
2 large tomatoes, peeled and chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
Heat oil in large sauté pan and brown the chicken pieces all over. Remove and set aside. Add the chorizo and cook for2-3mins then add chopped peppers, onion, garlic and mushroom. Cook for another 4 mins or until veggies have softened.
Add in the rice and cook for a few minutes. Pour in wine and let it reduce to half. Add in chicken stock and bring to a boil. Add chicken back to the pan and simmer for 20mins. Add the chopped tomatoes and cook for another 10mins. Season with salt and pepper.
His actual recipe has a few different ingredients, but this is how I make it and it not too bad J

Make sure you head over to our hostesses blog The Gardener of Eden and check out what is going on in her kitchen as well as other kitchens around the world!

Take Care,

Comments

  1. First I look at Robin's recipe and she's done a tomato & hot sausage type stew, then I looks at yours and it has chorizo. I'm not copying honest.....he he he its actually that we all have excellent taste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how funny that three of us posted recipes with sausage in it!

    We love Chorizo around here. Going to have to give this a try. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking recipes. I copied both of them. We seem to get on a kick where we eat a lot of chicken.

    I was late with my Thursday post. Just got around to it today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liz- Too funny..great minds think a like!

    Wilderness- i hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading all of them and I try my best to respond back asap via e-mail or on here :)

Popular Posts