Christmas Cooking

Yesterday was Christmas Appetizer and cookie day over at my mothers. Every year for the past 8 years the two of us get together and make up a bunch of our favourite appetizers and a few cookies for Christmas.  Now most of the stuff we make we could simply buy premade, but making them together is much more FUN!

This year we made

Spanakopita
Parmesan bites
Ham puffs
Mushroom turnovers
Cheese puffs
Crap Bites
Rum Balls
Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies

We started shortly after 10am and cooked until 6pm. It was a long day of cooking, but everything tasted so great! I only remembered to take a picture of the first 3 things we made, but we did make everything on the list.
Top Parmesan bites, left ham puffs, spanakopita.Middle spanakopita and bottom Parmesan bits

This year we ran out of time for a couple of regulars, Rollo cookies and short bread cookies. However, there is still a lot of time to get those made. I still have 4 cookies and maybe 5 appetizers that I make on my own, but that all depends on how I feel.

All in All I think we had a very successful and fun filled day. I didn’t have to worry about driving in either which was nice. My father picked me up and then Mr. Pickles came in for supper and drove me home. My super Mom had made a yummy stuffed pasta shell casserole Friday night so once we were done with our cooking she just threw that in the oven and supper was soon ready. We spent the rest of the night watching a few episodes of big bang theory season one and playing a fun card came called golf. Even though I lost...again it was a pretty great evening too.

Comments

  1. WOW! would I loved to have been at that snack table..I can't find anything in the picture that I wouldn't like :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounded like a fun day with your mom and what interesting looking appetizers! Parmesan bites....all of it sounds so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like I know where I am going for the good bits! Canada here I come! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great day! Everything looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a fun, but busy day with some yummy things made.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delicious looking and I know tasting! Do you freeze them until party time?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading all of them and I try my best to respond back asap via e-mail or on here :)

Popular Posts