It’s beginning to look a little like Christmas

With only 39...wait did I count right...yep 39 days till Christmas!!! I have officially started to decorate the house. Right now my only decorations are this Christmas tree and this Santa cheese ball holder thing.


 It’s not a lot, but it’s a start. I am going to try and bring up one box of decorations a day and take things a bit easier this year. However, usually once one box is opened then I have to bring up everything else right away too..Lol so within the next few days it should look like Christmas threw up in my house..Lol

Does anyone stick to a theme or have an addiction to a certain type of decoration? I love nutcrackers and have been collecting them for the past 3 years. So those along with anything Santa tend to rule my house. My mother on the other hand has a thing for snowmen.

As for a theme for decorating the house I don’t think I really have one. I do the tree up in red and gold with old fashion wheat ornaments and I guess that carries throughout the house. So I guess my theme is old fashion farm house in red and gold....if I want to get specific..lol

Comments

  1. You are killing me Mrs.P!! I do not put up any Christmas decorations until after my BD which is Dec.5th. The tree goes up the weekend before Christmas. That means the tree will go up on Dec. 17th this year. I start to make my Christmas "to do" lists like baking & presents after we clean up from Thanksgiving.

    With regard to a theme. Yes, some years I get on a theme kick...like certain colors for decorations or everyone gets a stocking with their presents in it. When I lived on the farm, I had room for two trees. The traditional tree with all the family keepsakes and multi colored lights in the living room. In the dining room I had a tree with handmade angels, gold & white balls and all white lights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas will go up right after Thanksgiving....except for the Nativity set. It will be up on the mantle for Thanksgiving. No theme here either. Red ornaments on the tree if that's a theme. ....And now I must go work on my outside Christmas lights. 50 degrees today....tomorrow 30 degrees. Lights get turned on Thanksgiving night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to pick a two colour theme that would change each year (from a pool of colours) and I'd put up the tree the first weekend in Dec. But for the last few years I haven't done any decorating at all. I'm thinking of making a table runner/setting this year, but that's as far as I'll go I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like my tree to just have lights on, nothing else, but other than that I don't have a theme - I do love Christmas decs though. I've only got a small house, but I still manage to have 4 or 5 trees around the place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Robin-our tree likely wont go up until the middle of December too, but i like to have the house decorated and the light on for dec 1st.

    Dr.momi- if we celebrated thanksgiving in November i would likely be the same way.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading all of them and I try my best to respond back asap via e-mail or on here :)

Popular Posts