I spent the majority of last night trying to get my Ghastlies project done and I finally got part one done! It was a little difficult since the mistakes I made in the first half of part one kind of became more noticeable in the second half, but I think it still worked out. I am hoping in part 2 I can hide some of the mistakes.
Last night I also made the wonderful move of dropping my iron on the floor and bending the tip..lol Oh boy! I will admit it was another one of those I know I shouldn’t put it here, but I what the worst that could happen....and then it falls off the edge of the table and onto the floor. At least I wasn’t stupid enough to grab for it since it was at a high temp setting.
I also think I found my second Ghastlies project! I don’t know if I will be able to make it or not since it would be another from my mind to the sewing machine project, but if I can find the time I am going to try.
Since I cannot post about what I sewed up last night I thought I would include something else I have been working on. I took a quilting class with my Mother where we learnt how to make a Log Cabin quilt. The class was based on Eleanor Burn’s Book “Quilt in a Day Log cabin in a day”. However the class was two days in two different months..lol
I think the hardest part of the class was picking the fabric since we didn’t know that you could pick patterns and just picked solids. We just had no idea what we were doing and were not afraid to admit it. This is what I ended up making.
I sewed all my rows together and now I just have to do the batting/backing and then the quilting and the binding. They don’t show you how to do any of that in the class. So wish me luck!