Happy Friday

Happy Friday everyone. It seems like it takes forever to get to this day of the week and then the week-end fly's by too fast. Funny how that happens every week and I am still not use to it..LOL

Yesterday a lovely little surprise showed up in my mailbox. Back in December I had won the Accuquilt Christmas Blog hop prize over at Lily Pad Quilting. And this is what I won


Not only am I the proud new owner of this uber cool hot pad she also sent along the pieces for me to make my own! How exciting!!! I just might get something made for Christmas, before Christmas!

Thank you Snoodles!! I love it!

On Wednesday I had my final appointment at the dentist!! I celebrated by buying fabric. However, my celebration was short lived due to the fact that I couldn’t find anything that I wanted. I finally decided that for the Sew Happy QAL I am going to go with yellow, black, white, grey and a pattern with all 3 colours. I already had the patterned fabric and I bought some (expensiveL) black fabric in town so I set off to Fabricland to buy my yellows and grey. But guess what.....they don’t carry grey fabric?? They didn’t have much for yellows either. I originally found a bright yellow and black print, but I after carrying it around for 30mins I put it back and just went with a yellow with tiny white dots. I figured the pattern might be too much. It’s hard when you have an idea in your head of what you want the fabric to look like and then you cannot find it. After 30mins I had 8 bolts of fabric that I was taking just because it was close to what I wanted but not really. I put them all back and started again. I ended up with the yellow, a patterned white, (since I don’t have any at home) some red since it was on sale and I liked the pattern, and finally some four-leaf clover fabric that I didn’t need, but thought was really cute. So now I am kicking myself for buying stuff that I really didn’t want. However, I want to start my QAL blocks tonight and if I order online it is going to take at least 3 weeks to get here, which means I would be a 6 weeks behind on the QAL and would likely not do it and then the fabric would be a waste...LOL Talk about over thinking everything!! I also ended up buying some cheap grey fabric at Wal-Mart since it was exactly what I wanted. The fabric is crap, but since the quilt is just for me I am okay with it J


Tonight I am going to start my QAL blocks and be part of the Friday Night Sew In. I had read about the FNSI on a few of the blogs I follow over the past 6 months and never really paid attention to it. However, I clicked on the link by accident and now I am thinking why the heck I didn’t join up sooner. It’s really easy to take part. You lock yourself in your sewing room (not required..lol) and sew up a storm on the designated Friday and then post about what you made and link up to the FNSI. Now considering I usually do my sewing on Friday night and post about it on Saturday it seemed like a no brainer to join up. So come back tomorrow to see how much seam ripping sewing I did or didn’t do!


Handmade by Heidi

If you haven’t check out the blog Quilt Addicts Anonymous joined up for their block a day challenge you should....Especially since my arrow blocks made the week 3 round up J Thank you Stephanie seeing my blocks on your blog made my whole week better!

Take care,

Comments

  1. Enjoy your FNSI! I plan on working on a block . . . . for you!!! Hopefully the glass of wine that goes with my plan of FNSI will not mean much seam ripping....lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. If all goes according to plan i am actually be over at Stephanie's tonight for our sewing group (but weather is coming in and I really don't like to drive in it) so we will see! You are doing great on getting your blocks done! Do you not have JoAnns or Hancock or some big fabric store like that close to you? I love to order on line, but I tell you what with out those two I would be lost!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It takes 3 weeks to get your fabric? It's quicker than that for me when I order fabric from the US, and it has to travel to the UK!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MP enjoyed reading your fabric shopping adventure. Sounds like something I would do. Don't do quilting but like the idea of setting a specific time to just do something like sewing. Need to try that to get some of my projects finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wilderness-Glad to hear I am not alone in my insanity..lol Sometimes i think the hardest part about sewing is finding the time to do it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading all of them and I try my best to respond back asap via e-mail or on here :)

Popular Posts