So many things to do :)

As I had mentioned in a previous post I joined up for a few bees, swaps and QAL and was feeling a bit overwhelmed. I am still feeling overwhelmed, but I am getting things done so that is making me feel a bit better.

On the finished list

We Bee Learning Group One Amish Diamond for Me

We Been Learning Group Two Framed Pinwheel for Me

Bee Creative 2012 Paper Pieced Union Jack for Laura

Happy Scrap Quilt Block Swap Arrow block(s) plus one for me and one for our hostess
Each arrow equals one block for the swap

Not sure which one to keep a blue block or a brown block


Still on the List of things to get done
Sew Happy Geek’s QAL. I am now three weeks behind. I do want to take part, but I don’t know what colour choices to go with. I try to only buy fabric for projects that I plan on making. (even if I haven’t actually made them yet) so I don’t really have anything that goes together for this quilt. I would like to make it in Browns and blues for our bedroom, but then I don’t know if I want a sampler quilt for the bedroom.  Then I think..hmmm I do have some black and yellow fabric that I could use...but do I want to use it.....So part is the problem is I don’t know what I want, I am a fabric hoarder that just keeps fabric in boxes instead of using it and the other part is that I suck at picking fabric that goes together...which Is why I have been buying FQ bundles lately..since if it is all in a collection then it must go together right...LOL I do have some (MORE) fabric that I ordered online coming in the mail hopefully today so I can just shut up and use that.....but I do pass the LQS on the way to the post office so...hmmmm...LOL

Wonky Bee 2012 I have not started yet since I am waiting for my package and instructions on what to do to come in the mail. We are suppose to have it mail back before the end of the month so I hope it comes soon.

Name Game Swap- The deadline to enter has passed so I am expecting to get my partners name any day now. I hope I can make what she wants. I have till March to get it in the mail, but I would like to start planning it now.

Sew We Craft swap- I received my partners name, however she doesn’t have much on her site about what she may like. For this swap it just has to be handmade and something to do with Valentine’s Day. I have one project finished, but it is small and I would like to make something else...

Craftsy BOM- Now this one I am not sure if I am going to do or not. I signed up for it, but it is just going to result in yet another sampler quilt. This would make 6 sampler quilts if I do the QAL and make extra blocks for the other bee’s I am.....However, It would teach me how to make different blocks so I will likely do it.

In addition to this I was supposed to be in a blog hop that featured showcasing your mini quilt on a 12X14 tabletop frame. I bought the frame and now I don`t think the blog hop is a go. I am a bit disappointed, but it wasn`t too expensive and I am going to make something anyhow. I am going to try and make a heart block from some pictures I saw online. There isn`t a tutorial so it should be interesting on how it turns out.

I am also going to start my NewFO for the Catpatches NewFO challenge. I want to make a table runner. I have a pattern and half the blocks cut out. Now I just need to master my mother accuquilt Go! and I should be able to get the rest done in no time.

And I think that should be in for January!

What is everyone else up to this month!

Take Care,




p.s it is currently -33C and it is going down to -48C tonight...OUCH!!!!

Comments

  1. Great job! You're getting a lot done!
    Try to stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is that in degrees, lol? It sounds like your fingers will freeze and fall off.

    I have questions...what is a NewFO? How do those swaps work? I haven't done one before. How did you find out about them?

    I'm sort of jealous at the sound of your stash. I joined the Craftsy BOM too...for the same reason. A sampler quilt isn't so much my style, but I like the idea of trying out different blocks. But I haven't started yet because I don't have enough fabric. And my husband will kill me if I spend the money on a big FQ bundle. I'll probably end up buying something when I find it on some super sale or something - but like you I'd much rather do it in colors I like that would look good in my master bedroom :/

    I'm looking forward to getting to know you better in the Wonky Bee...As my 21 year old says, we don't live at the end of the world, but you can see it from the back deck, lol. So my New Years resolution is to stop lurking and actually make some quilting friends. This will be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know if you are in a QAL like craftsy and you really like a block you can make enough to make a whole quilt out of! It is ust another great way to learn! You are doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You have been very busy. I'm very impressed. I'm only in the We Bee Learning Block Bee because I was afraid to bite off more than I could chew.

    I'm also in a quilting bee here and it is all hand quilting. It's fun.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading all of them and I try my best to respond back asap via e-mail or on here :)

Popular Posts