Thursdays Kitchen Cupboard

There was a lot going on in my kitchen this week the fridge and freezer were well stalked and we were home just about every day so at least one meal was made every day. I also bagged all the beans which you and read about over here

I am also pretty proud that I made a stew on Tuesday where almost all the ingredients were from our garden or the in laws farm. Beef was from the farm. Onion, tomatoes, potatoes, and carrots were from my garden. Only the Worcestershire and mushroom were store bought!


I also used some of my cauliflower for Monday’s lunch that I blanched back in the fall and was expecting it to be mush once I steamed it again. However to my surprise it tasted like we had just bought it from the grocery store. In fact Mr. Pickles asked when we bought fresh cauliflower since he couldn’t remember seeing it in the fridge. I am so very happy that it still tastes so great!
2011 cauliflower from the garden.... still tastes good in 2012!

This week I am going to do something a little bit different for my kitchen cupboard post I am going to share my menu plan for the week and see if I can stick to it. First of all you should know we usually only have one big meal a day. We have fresh fruit smoothies (that Mr. Pickles makes) and cereal in the morning, lunch is our big meal of the day which we eat when Mr. Pickles get home around 2pm and then usually just a snack of leftovers for supper.

So here we go

Thursday- Sweet and Sour Pork loin with Rice. Mixed Salad to start
Friday – Chicken Tetrazzini. Salad and garlic toast
Saturday – Ham Steak, fries, and corn on the cob
Sunday –  Beef Roast with Yorkshire pudding. Garlic Mashed potatoes, Broccoli
Monday -  Manicotti, Salad
Tuesday -  Schnitzel and Spaetzle with veggies
Wednesday – Eating in the City due to doctor’s appointment (a big scary one!!!)

Now I have to remember to write this all down so I actually follow it!

Make sure you head over to our hostesses blog The Gardener of Eden and check out what is going on in her kitchen as well as other kitchens around the world!

Take Care,

Comments

  1. Isn't it amazing how good frozen veggies from the garden taste?? They are better then anything you could ever buy.

    Your menu for the week sounds great! I really wish that you lived a bit closer!

    Good luck with your appointment next week! I'll keep you in my prayers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee Whiz! what time should I get there before it's all gone..they all sound delicious....Robin has her eye out for those goodies too :o)...maybe the whole group of gardners will clean you out :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds delicious!

    I want to figure out how to make my own Worcestershire sauce... I use it in almost everything!

    Would you be able to have mushroom logs in a climate as cold as yours? The only things that I know about Saskatchewan are what I have learned from the tv series 'Corner Gas.' Hah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to know about the frozen veg. Haven't tried that before so will have to remember to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your Dr. appointment goes well. Sending prayers your way.

    I've never tried a menu plan. Hmmmm Something to consider.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish my family at ebig at lunch and snacked for dinner. Some day maybe it will be that way! I am that kind of eater! I hate dinner but iwth the kids in school... sounds like yummy food at your place! I'll be there soon! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading all of them and I try my best to respond back asap via e-mail or on here :)

Popular Posts