Sewing Saturday

I didn’t get a lot of sewing done to show for today’s post, but I did manage to get a few things done.
I finally sewed together the pieces for the friendship star in the Sew Happy Quilt QAL. I think it turned out pretty good. I couldn’t decide on which colour combinations to use, but I think I am happy with the end result. This is my very first star and I it was a lot easier than I thought it would be. The next block in week 2 is a pinwheel. It is looks a little more complicated so I hope I don’t end up having to do too much ripping! If I can get the pinwheel done this week-end then I will only be 3 weeks behind come Tuesday. However, it is now just one block a week so it should be easier for me to manage.
for some reason it looks puckered in this picture, but it is not in real life!

This morning I also made a little bit more progress on my mug rug. I had an idea of what I wanted to do for some time now, but sometimes getting your project from an idea to the cutting board is the hardest part. This is what I came up with.
Sorry brown on brown doesn't photograph well :( The heart is pink and white...

I am still undecided if I should do a cream or pink boarder around the whole thing and then quilt. Or if I should just quilt as is and then do a pink or cream binding? (Either way the top points of the heart are going to get covered in case you were thinking.ummm that isn’t going to look complete.lol)

I still need to figure out what I want to do for my Valentines mini quilt. I would like to have it done before the 14th so I can hang it up on my table topper thingy. Since Mr. Pickles is working on the Jeep over at the farm I should be able to get something cut out at least if I come up with an idea.

I also need to start working on my block for the International Stashers Bee, but that one should be pretty easy!

***Also I am thinking of organizing a swap/blog hop in April or May. It would involve a quilt no bigger than 12x12. Or possible anything handmade that will fit into what I am thinking..lol If you are interested e-mail me.....more details to follow if there is enough interest.***

I hope everyone else is having a great Saturday

Take Care,




Comments

  1. I do like your friendship star, but I LOVE your heart! So cute!

    I can't decide about the border/binding - if it was me, I'd have to try out the different combos and see what looked best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Perfect timing! I had seen a quilt done with layer cakes where they made that friendship star but I didn't know what the star was called. Before I had time to go looking for it, I came across your post! So now all I have to do if figure out what size I can make using a layer cake! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I am always in!! Hey, sent you an e-mail on a bee that is just getting started! Come join us!! LOL!! Block looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loooove the colors!! I'm too chicken to attempt "different" pinwheels -- maybe one day :)

    Send me a note about the swap type thing -- depending on my timing it sounds like fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your block looks great. For your heart mug rug I'd add a bit of the brown to the top and bottom to float the heart in the center and then add a border or just bind it. That heart fabric looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I enjoy reading all of them and I try my best to respond back asap via e-mail or on here :)

Popular Posts